Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Father Moment...

My 4 year old son was drowning at the pool this past weekend. To this day the image still haunts my mind as I see my little man gasping for air and struggling to come to the surface. While holding on to my younger 2 year old son, I turned for one moment and my 4 year old slipped from the step he had been standing on, to the deep end that caused him to fight for life. Since I was trying to keep my 2 year old above water I screamed out my husband's name & in a split second he was there, pulling Benjamin out of the water. Funny how the life guard was just sitting calmly along with another grown man right in the hot tub. Come on people, my son was drowning!!

As I've been haunted by this image for days now and I realize how the Lord protects our little ones and watches over them completely & I'm SO thankful. I sometimes feel like I'm drowning in the responsibilities and things of this life. I can't get above water & I'm grasping for air. In our drowning the Lord is desiring for us to yell for Him to save us. For others might be sitting around and watching us because ultimately the Lord is the only one who can be our Savior. The Lord desires for us to call on His name in HELP! I realized that Benjamin's Daddy came to the rescue and grabbed him from a moment of panic. I yelled my husband's name & he was there, without hesitation. That's what the Lord wants to be for us. We might be drowning in this life, but the Lord is ready to grab us from the waters that at times can overtake us. It's ONLY the Heavenly Father that can save & rescue us. He wants to help us in every situation of life.

For I yelled out my husband's name to save my son while I was unable...and Benjamin's father saved him. For those of us who call out on the name of Jesus and "scream" for his help, He will save us.

Romans 10:13
"For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

9 comments:

Audrey Palmer said...

Thank you, dear God. What a scary time for you and your husband. God is so good. I'm glad all is well.

Unknown said...

Thank you Earen, I really enjoyed reading this:) Praise God!

Mari said...

How frightening! I'm so glad he's ok and I like your application to us and God.

Shelley said...

Oh Earen! How scary. I know, I've been there too. Austin slipped into the pool last year, and it took me a few seconds to get to him. I was Panicked as I yanked him up from the water. He was okay, a little choked, but okay. It does make me fear this coming year at the pool, as he's even MORE active now! I love your wonderful ability though, of making me think of the deeper meaning in everything. You have a gift. Beautiful!

His Girl said...

*deep breath* oh my goodness that was so scary!

I love that you were able to get the God lesson out of it... and share it too. absolutely beautiful!

Dawn said...

Beautifully stated! How often we forget that our own Father loves us and cares for us more than anyone else ever could. What a blessing that your children grow up with a father who can represent THE Father in such an amazing way!

Alana said...

I had a similar scary moment with my youngest. So thankful your little on is okay.

Fran said...

Praise God that precious boy is ok.
And, yes...lets cry out to our Father to help us!!!

Love ya girlie!
Fran

CarissaCalhoun said...

Hi! I'm not even sure how I found your blog, now that it's been a few days, but I have enjoyed your writing so much! I want to encourage you to keep doing it when you get the time-- your posts are meaningful for sure!!!