Saturday, April 2, 2011

No plans....


My husband thinks I should write a book someday.

I was shocked to realize that it had been almost 2 years since my recent blog posting. At the time I mostly was very busy with smaller children and journeying through some things in my own life, thus the reason I stopped. But there was also part of me that would come to my laptop and would sit in front of this screen and not really know what to write. Spiritual or funny.....long or short.....day's activities or a story...

When my family mentions my writing a book I wonder what it would be about. I don't think it would be fiction. I would probably just enjoy writing about my life and its' journey - the things the Lord taught me and the things I'm still learning. Then I think that's what this blog is all about too! I sometimes find that I don't know what to write until I sit down and start writing. As I'm typing I realize through an incident that occurred or something that happened during the day that the Lord taught me a valuable lesson that I hadn't paid attention to.

Sometimes I think I need a "plan"....a story per say or a organized list in my mind of what I should write about before venturing into it. And then again I realize another valuable lesson that when we surrender our "plan" over to the Lord He can do amazing things and lead the way and I lose control which is exactly where I need to be.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

It is so nice to see you blogging again! I learn so much from you and love your sweet spirit and heart for the Lord. And,I, for one, would definitely read a book authored by Earen!