Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Finally In!

I wish I had pictures to share, but we are finally into our new home & getting settled. It's funny how it takes quite some time to feel like you're home when you move into a new home. We will get there soon enough. Plus, I want things to be looking nice before I send pictures!! :-)

So, after painting last Friday evening and all day Saturday we have freshly painted bedrooms with fun colors and a painted living room. I have my kitchen, bathroom, pantry, & all bedrooms unpacked & boy am I exhausted!! So, today I'm resting. Tomorrow we will do some decorating & finish up unpacking the linen closet and this weekend we will tackle the basement boxes......Still want to paint bathrooms, kitchen & basement but those will come in time.

We are excited though to be in and have it all finally over with. We are getting settled..just in time for my oldest son Caleb to start school on Monday. Oh yes, I'm soon to enter the world of getting out the door early 5 times a week with 3 small children. Praise God we are now so close to his school!

I miss all my blog friends and am sorry I haven't been able to read your blog for awhile, but I will return to the world soon...I think.

14 comments:

mariel said...

That is remarkably fast!! Good for you for having painted and all!!! Great idea to do it BEFORE moving in...it's tough once little feet are running around!

Praying for you all as you continue to get settled...and REST!!

Mari said...

Glad you are in and getting settled. You'll be back with us before you know it!

Shelley said...

Wow! I'm impressed with all that you've already accomplished! It sounds like you're coming along wonderfully. I'll say a prayer for you as your sweet boy starts school. It's wonderful and sad all at the same time!

Lynn said...

You've been missed, but it seems like this is a busy season for many. Congrats on getting settled...well sort of....can't wait to see pictures!

Jenni S. said...

My goodness, you all have been busy indeed! Can't wait to see pictures, but the absence is completely understandable, especially in lieu of school starting next week!

Hope you have a good rest. :)

Sittintall said...

Yeah, glad you're home. Soon enough you'll be settled in.

Fran said...

You've been a busy girl and we miss you but come back around when you are ready. Take care of those boys and your beautiful home!!

Congrats!
Love,
Fran

Janelle said...

Good to hear from you. Glad to hear you are getting adjusted.

How are you doing about school? Is it bittersweet? I am sure mommy and son will do just fin!

BethAnne said...

I will excuse you for not posting pictures until you have everything the way you want it, but you have been gone from the blog for way too long. It is almost as if you have been too busy to blog or something. hahahaha Glad you are in your new place - sad that your little man is already in school. Mine starts tomorrow - YUCK!!!

Kristen said...

You have been so busy - wow! Can't wait to see pictures of the new house and all your hard work. Enjoy!

Love the new family photo on your side bar :o)

Denise said...

looking forward to the pictures.

it does take time to make a new place home. it takes memories made, holidays shared, gathering of people,
laughter, tears, growth.

with in the first few days we lived here i was mourning our other home, and all the memories and first we had had there (they were all babies in that home). i was homeschooling one day that week, emilie was in kindergarten, and she read for the first time! i needed that. God told me there were still firsts to be had, memories to be made here.

enjoy your first little one starting school on Monday!

Alana said...

You sure have a lot going on right now with moving and kindergarten...your get extra prayers from me. Hang in there!

Short Stop said...

I'm so excited for you. We're sharing this same season of life with our new houses and getting adjusted. Boy, it's fun...but BUSY and CRAZY!!

Praying for you...

joy said...

so exciting! can't wait to see the house pictures. and school starts Monday. is caleb in kindergarten this year?