Friday, August 1, 2008

Home...

Quite a gamut of emotions have seeped into my heart since we’ve begun our packing process. It’s very bitter sweet. For on one hand I’m moving closer to our dear families and I feel I’m moving back home….yet for the past 8 years this has been my home.

This home I’m leaving is our first home. I have (thus far) bore & raised my three boys here, for this is the only home they’ve known. We’ve developed incredible friendships while being here and found an amazing church family.

We’ve also been far from our family for 8 years and so many times just missed running by and saying hello or just the knowing of “being close”. I’ve missed my old stomping grounds and the part of town I was so familiar with. I’m so excited for the great education I know my children will get from the school we’re putting them in, thus part of the reason for moving. I’ve missed my family.

There are pros and cons to everything we do in life. We are leaving dear ones to be closer to dear ones. We are moving from a structure that we put heart, soul, and a lot of sweat in to for it to become our own. But, that’s exactly it….we’re leaving a structure. We make our home what it is. My family is home….our things make it home to us. So no matter where we go, I will always take home with me…and ultimately, there are no cons to my final destination…Home.

8 comments:

His Girl said...

*sniffle*

this? beautiful. that's what!

Alana said...

I remember moving from our last house. It was bittersweet. Be sure to take lots of pictures. It's a new beginning.

Janelle said...

I love knowing that if everything else were gone, the five of us would be ok because we would have each other. It is very comforting.

Enjoy this new season, my sweet friend.

Lynn said...

Love the new pictures of your boys...my how they're growing. We've moved a few times since we've been married, and I always feel like I'm closing a chapter of my life. Can't wait to see the house you will now call home. When is the big move?

Fran said...

I have been exactly where you are.
And, you are right on...home is where you and your boys and hubby is.

Praying for you always!
Fran

joy said...

such beautiful sentiments.

mariel said...

beautiful words (as usual0 and great perspective...bittersweet! Our house has been for sale, but is not looking like it will sell...that in itself is bittersweet! Praising the Lord for your new beginning in an old place...all reminders of our permanent home!

Jenni S. said...

I can't imagine the mixture of emotions you must be feeling right now, but thank you for so beautifully sharing some of them with us.