Thursday, August 21, 2008

One final goodbye......

The last box had been packed....all the furniture had been moved out...the house was empty. All that remained was me and my mind & heart filled with the memories of 7 years lived in this home. A newly married woman enjoying her new husband and resting in the comfort of her first home....bringing 3 babies into this home and caring for them each with such tender love. The friends and family that celebrated so many events there....and as I sat, the tears began to flow. I made one final clean up, said my goodbye, and drove away. For in this spot, our journey had ended.....

I now sit in my new home...filled with all our belongings...finally all put in their place (for the most part). Making new memories even after one week. My oldest son starting kindergarten and life as we know it completely changed. The adjustments, the excitement, the love of being close to family, the enjoyment of being able to make the 3 minute walk to our son's Christian school. The new adventure.....

So, although "home" is becoming more and more familiar to me, I remember that home is not necessarily where you lay your head, but more so the family close with you. A lovely structure to call home is very nice and something I'm very grateful for, but the memories I made weren't all about the actual house, but the people in that house & so I brought those memories along with me for the new journey....

PS - I promise that pictures are soon to come!

15 comments:

Mari said...

It's hard to move and say good bye to a place where you made so many memories. I can't wait to see pictures of you new place. You'll have many good memories here too!

Kristen said...

I am glad you are feeling settled in your new home. It is hard to move and not attach memories to the place but you are right the memories are about the people. So glad you are closer to your family. Can't wait to see pictures of your new home.

Denise said...

hmmmm, so sweet.

Shelley said...

Your words brought tears to my eyes. I agree wholeheartedly that home is where your family is. Still, it can be SO hard to leave someplace where so many major events took place. Just imagine what will happen in the next seven years! And how awesome to be so close to your sweet boys school! Oh, and I love the new pics in your sidebar!

Sarah Markley said...

i can't wait!

BethAnne said...

Oh girl!!! I am in tears reading this. I can relate so much. We hve lived in our house for nine years. Even though we just dont fit in this house anymore (we have more stuff than house to put it in), I will still be a little sad to leave it. So many memories of my babies here. My babies wont be babies in the new house........ ;-(

Cant wait to see some pictures!!

Short Stop said...

I know exactly how you feel. And, it is such a bittersweet feeling.

I can't wait to see pics, too. I bet your home is as warm as you are!

Janelle said...

It was hard to leave our first home where we had our 1st nursery. It was bittersweet.

I am glad to know that your memories move with you. It's not the place, but the heart.

Can't wait for pix.

Fran said...

Oh sweet Earen! You are there in your heart. You know the truth of "home" and I hope and pray that each day brings nothing but peace and joy!!

Love,
Fran

Alana said...

Soon your new place will be holding just as many wonderful memories. Hope the kindergarten transition has gone well!!

Jenni S. said...

Oh I can't imagine the flood of emotion you must have felt. I'm happy that you are feeling settled in your new home now.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling! (we just moved ourselves)

It's comforting to know others who are on the same path----thank you for that reminder!

Hope you are completely moved in soon.

mariel said...

how precious and bittersweet to say good-bye to the old and hello to the new season and home. I pray God's richest blessings over you and your family in your new home!

Unknown said...

what a beautiful post, earen.

His Girl said...

may your new home be full of love, Light, and laughter!