Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Are you arching?

God often refines and molds you during hard times in your life. He takes your fears, worries, hopes, dreams, and thoughts and asks, "Do you trust me"? The thing is, He's always wanting us to trust Him...good & hard times. Do we run to Him during those times or when hard times come up, do we revert back to our old ways of fear, worry, stress, and lack of hope.

When my youngest son Levi was born, he didn't like to snuggle much with me. I would prop him up to burp him or just rock him & he would arch his back and fight it. I always wondered why he just didn't relax and trust me. As his mom I so badly wanted to just love on him and he just wanted to look around. The other day I realize that for quite a few months now, he leans into me...no longer arching and seems to enjoy snuggling with me, especially when he's tired. It does something to the insides of me in an almost peaceful, loving, & joyful rest. In all actuality it brings me great delight...for he's leaning into me...he trusts me to take care of him.

When the hard times in our lives come we need to stop arching our back, trying to look in every other direction and just trust the Lord. For when we just lean into Him we find peace, rest, and complete safety. He loves us so very much and when I stop fighting and surrender to His plan then I find leaning into Him is the most wonderful place to be. Imagine how He feels.....

5 comments:

Renee said...

Oh Earen, this is so sweet, so true, and so well written.

I love your sweet spiritual insight!

Fran said...

I'm gonna lean in today Earen!
thanks for the beautiful picture!

Love you~
Fran

His Girl said...

this is an AMAZING post! what an incredible incredible way to illustrate that concept.


mmm. fab!

Lynn said...

Love this analogy...so true.

Jenni S. said...

I loved the analogy that you used - maybe yet another reason God calls us to be as little children... :) Unfortunately this is so often esier said than done. Thank you for the reminder.