Monday, September 1, 2008

Just when you thought I was gone....

It has been busy....that's just what I have to say...busy! Now, I've heard that having kids starting & in school can speed up your life in a way you've never known, which I now know to be true...BUT, to add to that, we moved into this new home & are trying to get all settled before my best friend comes to visit me this week! Oh, so excited about that!! Anyway....I've been absent & I've missed you all. I now have a whole new appreciation for those of you who have kids in school or homeschool and still find time to read and write blogs!!!

Everyone has different convictions on education for their kids. Some stand strongly for Christian school, some feel called to teach their children at home, some enjoy the charter school aspect, and some feel called to public school. Each one has to place their kids where the Lord calls them to be and for us it involves a level of sacrifice. Financially, it's a stretch for us.....but not a good enough reason for us to not be obedient to the Lord's call for our son's education. For when the Lord says "go"...you know He will provide. My husband went from a 3 minute commute to work, to a 40-50min. commute - each way. A sacrifice for both him & us. When you're obedient to the voice of the Lord though, He will provide & I saw this time & time again when I was growing up...but, I'll save that for another blog.

My son is now in full swing at the Christian school close by. He loves it. But, when he came home the other day & told me about how they learned all about Jesus love for them and Salvation and made a Crown that we'll get in Heaven, it fulled my heart with such great delight.....but, when he said his whole class stopped to pray for his bug bite that had caused his whole hand to swell up....that's when I knew, this my friends is why I put him in Christian school....God saturated in everything.

So, I encourage you....if you have a desire for this or for something else in your life that you feel is financially holding you back or something else is holding you back - first, be obedient to the voice of the Holy Spirit and secondly, don't limit what God can do in your life...He's waiting to astound you more than you ever know.....even if it's an every day provision. Why not step out...we did & look at what has happened...our journey has truly been a miracle!!

11 comments:

BethAnne said...

Good to hear from you! Isnt it funny how your life goes from 0-80 when your kids start school? I never knew how busy I would actually be. And I wonder how my mom did everything AND worked full time........makes me appreciate being at home - I dont think I am organized enough to work and be a mommy too!

Denise said...

sweet post earen.

your right schooling comes in different shapes for each of us, accepting and encouraging that is important.
unfortunately, there is no longer a christian school in our area.
homeschooling is very popular. i'd say 80% of parents in my own church homeschool. i think this can be hard on the christian parent who doesn't homeschool, who does put there kids in public school. i know that i DO NOT want to be a pharisee mommy. i appreciate those parents who send there kids to public school, those teachers who teach there,and the administrators, they do quiet a job! a job i only do with 3 that wears me out. and it was a christian kid in a public school that got me to christ.


i look forward to seeing pix of the new home!!

ave a blast with your b.f., be refreshed with laughter!

Shelley said...

That gave me goosebumps! What a wonderful school! I'm so glad that you are already feeling the blessings of your sacrifices. It was great to hear from you again.

Sarah Markley said...

great encouragement. i often question our own christian school involvement too, especially on the first when tuition is due.

but i know its worth it.

Janelle said...

Love the pictures in your sidebar.

I wish we had quality Christian schools in our neck of the woods. We don't and it makes me sad.

Fran said...

God saturated in everything...i love it!!! Just love it!!

Praying for you.
Much love,
Fran

Alana said...

I have to agree with Janelle, there are no good Christian school options nearby. Thankfully this community has a lot of Christian teachers in our public schools. I am thankful for that!

Kristen said...

As the kids get older and get involved in activities, life really becomes crazy.

You are so right about educating our kids - you have to do what you feel God is calling you to do and what is right for your family. There is no right answer, just what is right for each family and situation.

I hope you are having a wonderful visit with your best friend in town. Enjoy your time together!

Fran said...

Just stopping by to say hi!! Hope y'all have had a great week, the new home feels like home, and the their school is an enormous blessing to all of you.

Big hugs,
Fran

Anonymous said...

That's great. How nice to have him in a school full of God's love.

I'm right there with you! Been sooooo BUSY! My kids starting school, moving into a new home and cleaning and getting out of the old home, and now we have company visiting from Korea.

Whew! I'm just really nervous that this will just snowball into the holidays......

sharing your burden and miss you too!

His Girl said...

I completely second that. We made the tough decision for my son when he was in 6th grade. This is our 3rd year, and I have no idea at all how we pay the tuition each month.

I do know, though that I can't even count the blessings we would have missed out had we not made the move that God clearly told us to do just because of fear.

*high five, sistah!*