Thursday, March 13, 2008

My sweet boy....

A touch of love from Above, was the day you were born. You came into our lives 3 years ago today and from the moment you were inside of me, my heart was yours.

Your smile that saturates my heart until all around me melts away....

Your sweet words that touch me in a way that only a 3 year old can do....

The way you love basketball and call me down to your bed to see all your "pretend" turtles....

The way you've fought for the honor of your older brother & I wonder who's the older one...

The kiss and hug that you give me with unreserved passion...

The way you challenge my heart to seek the Lord and pursue how He wants to teach me things through you....

Benjamin, you touch me deeply and as I look at your life these past 3 years, I am so thankful to the Lord for the beautiful life He gave us in you. As my fear for your health rose several times when you were little & hospitalized, I clung to the Lord and trusted that He loves you far more than I ever can...and in that is true surrender. The Lord has given us the privilege of raising you and I'm honored to be your Mama...

We love you dearly my sweet, sweet boy. Happy Birthday....

11 comments:

Short Stop said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Benjamin!!

I love this letter to him.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet boy! What a beautiful tribute to him on his birthday.

Denise said...

happy birthday ben-jamin!

Jenni S. said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Benjamin! What a wonderful letter he will have to look back on!

Mari said...

What a sweet tribute to your son. Hapy Birthday to Benjamin!
(If our duaghter had been a boy, that was the name we picked out)

His Girl said...

beautiful! happy happy happy birthday to him!

Alana said...

Happy Birthday, Benjamin! You sure have a special Mom who LOVES you!!

BethAnne said...

Happy birthday Benjamin! You have the sweetest mommy ever!

Fran said...

May that darling boy be blessed in God's beautiful ways in this next year of his life.

Happy Birthday Benjamin!
Hugs~
Fran

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin!

Janelle said...

And this is why we blog. So our children will know how special they are to us. Great words for a sweet boy!