Sunday, March 30, 2008

A delightful day!

This past weekend my Mama & I went to our local mall here & attended what they call "The Trend Show" at Nordstroms. People, this is MY THING! I look forward to it, I count down the days, I love it! I honestly would love to work it myself! You pay a small fee of $15 and you book a makeover with your preferred makeup counter and it's an amazing fun, girly day!

Here's how my day looked....

5:45am - Wake up to get ready for the day. I had to get ready before waking up Levi to feed him at 6:30am in order to be at the mall at 8am.

7:20am - Leave for the mall only to arrive and there's already a line of ladies waiting. Oh, & wait...there are tables set up for us to have coffee or tea while waiting...high class ladies, high class! :-)

7:40am - Put Levi in the stroller, close the door only to realize that I locked my keys and purse in the car. RATS! My sweet husband gets in the car, loads up the boys & comes to unlock the car.

8am - Doors open & we are handed a darling pink tote bag filled with a croissant & strawberries for breakfast, along with a sample of lip gloss and a few brochures, and a bottle of water.

8:30am - The fashion show starts with darling dresses being modeled but way too short! Proceeded by many of the makeup representatives for Bobbi Brown, MAC, Clinique, Laura Mercier, NARS, and many more showing us some of their great products along with give-a-ways...that I didn't win!

10am - Show finishes & the mad dash of women to the level below where you must get to the counters for the free offers with purchase before they run out. I could have done this & run over women with my stroller, but decided to contain myself!

10:05am - We proceed to the Fushion counter in which they are featuring their lip plumper. I try on so many colors that by the end of my time I think my lips must have been huge! I bought some, but returned it before the day had finished because of my favorite purchases at the "other" counter.

10:45am - Proceed to "Women's Lounge" (the fancy name Nordstorm uses for bathroom) to feed Levi.

11am....The time has come...the moment I've waited for, for over a month...MY MAKEOVER! Of course I chose my favorite makeup...Bobbi Brown. Love her stuff & the "other" stuff I bought! Bought a lip gloss palate & some eyeliner ink. Awesome!

12 - My mom gets her makeover & looks just stunning! She too loves Bobbi Brown.

1pm - Lunch at Cheesecake Factory..my favorite restaurant.

3pm - Head home after a amazingly, delightful day with my Mama. We talk about girl things, and shared what the Lord had been doing in our lives and it was exactly what I needed....exactly. Days like this are few & far between in my life right now and so I cherish them. One-on-one time with my Mama is a treasured gift to me...I could have basked in it's presence all day....I was refreshed and ready to return to my home and love on the gifts that awaited me there.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

Earen what a fun, fun day! I am glad you were able to get a day out with your mom - how special. Oh and the cheesecake factory sounds yummy!

Alana said...

Yay! That sounds like SUCH a fun day. And I love that you spent it with your Mom!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun way to spend time together.

I have no clue how to wear make-up. I need a makeover too.

You should have posted a makeover picture for us! :)

dawn said...

Oh how I wish I had been there with my mother. What a delightful day, indeed!

Sittintall said...

Sounds like a great day! I love girls day out. Sure wish they had something like that here (although I can't say I'm one for waiting in line).

Jenni S. said...

Oh wow - a girly day with Mom. I do miss those! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

joy said...

what a fun day! i love these kind of jewels--so precious. glad you could have such sweet times.

His Girl said...

this sounds like a BLAST!!! I'll have to watch for this, i think it would be just my thing too!

Fran said...

Can I come with y'all next year???
Up my alley too girlfriend!!
Now...where are the pictures of you darling things? :)

Hope today was a great day.
Blessings~
Fran