Monday, March 17, 2008

WITH LOUD REJOICING!!!

This is a week of mixed emotions.....on one hand we know in a few days what Jesus had to face so many years ago. Torture, pain, sacrifice, death.....All for us. On the other hand it's one of extreme joy as we rejoice that pain has no victory and our Lord is risen from the dead! Hallelujah!!

In our home we refer to Easter as Resurrection Sunday. We have a Passover dinner earlier in the week to remind us of what happened so many, many years ago. To remind us to be prepared, for His return is soon! We do all the fun hiding of candy around our house (I know, adventurous!) and the dying of the eggs. But, we try to really focus on the gift the Lord gave us so many, many years ago through this week of pain & victory. He is Risen! He has conquered death! We are victorous through Him! It is complete! Nothing we ever can "do" will ever change what He's already accomplished for us through the cross...it's finished! The work has already been done, through Christ!! Can I say again....Hallelujah!

So, as we walk through another week of remembering all that Christ did for us so many years ago, I'm reminded of that day 28 years ago when I bowed my head and prayed with my mama to accept Christ into my heart as my Savior. To surrender to what is now my Jesus....who gave everything up for me. He went through it all so that I never would....What a precious gift and I rejoice because His victory is now mine! My life is now His and I say with loud rejoicing....HE IS RISEN!!

5 comments:

Sittintall said...

AMEN! And what a great idea, by celebrating passover earlier in the week as a reminder. That is a great tradition.

Kristen said...

AMEN! What a beautiful post! I too, love the idea of a passover dinner. We have been focusing our hearts and minds on Easter this week as well, the pain and the suffering as well as the time of celebrating the victory.

Alana said...

Hallelujah! He is risen! Enjoy this week of reflection and celebration!

Jenni S. said...

Amen, Earen! Oh, and I'm totally on the bandwagon with all who liked the Passover idea. I might have to look into that some more...

Mari said...

Great post - We have so much to rejoice about!