Saturday, June 14, 2008

A friend, a lover, a Daddy...


Tears swelled in his eyes the day he had his boys....and this man doesn't cry often.

I see him in action every, single day. Despite his exhaustion after a long day at work, he steps into Father/Husband role without any complaining or hesitation. He's super-dad!

As he steps in that door at the end of a long day, it's very evident how much his boys adore him. And amidst that adoration for his children, he loves wrestling, snuggling, and watching them even when they aren't looking. For it's very evident how much he loves his children...his family.

This man is my amazing husband. I've never once heard him complain about all the hard work he does so that I have the privilege of staying home with our boys. He helps me around the house and with the boys without even a word from my mouth. He takes care of us with relentless passion and a loving heart.

I prayed for this man for 23 years of my life before the Lord brought him to me. I never knew the extent of which the Lord blessed me beyond my wildest hopes and dreams...then one day there he was. He's so passionate about us and I watch in his eyes a cherishing of every moment with us. Then he had 3 boys and I saw a love in him grow unlike any I'd ever known. As a tear rolled down his cheek when each son was born, a pride welled inside of him for he had 3 sons....3 sons to carry on his family name...3 sons to instill honor, integrity, and love.

But, what I see most in this man is an undying passion for Christ and a desire to pass it on to his next generation of family. To see his desire to read the Word and pray with his boys every night..well, these are some of the glimpses of "far beyond my wildest hopes and dreams."

And just when I've seen every moment to fill my heart, he surprises me again by putting himself aside to lift us up beyond his own desires. Happy Father's Day my love...it's an honor being your wife and a treasure to my heart to watch you be such an amazing Daddy to our boys. They are so blessed to have you and if they turn out anything like you, they will be the most honorable, kind, Christ following, and loving men I know. I love you...

4 comments:

Janelle said...

(tears!) Sounds like a keeper! Your boys are blessed.

Kristen said...

i am in tears as well, beautiful tribute to your hubby!

Jenni S. said...

All I can do is repeat what the others have said - I love this tribute to your husband. What a blessing you have in that man.

Lynn said...

awww...so sweet...Praise God for the blessing of our sweet husbands.