Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Worship & a video

The melody..the harmony....the words....music....worship. 

Music used to be a huge part of my life.   Piano lessons, choir, worship team, singing, competitions...it was a major part of me.  Then life started going in a different direction for me...not intentionally, just happened.    I continue to love music, but deep inside of me has never left the love of worship.   There's no other place closer to the Lord that I feel than during worship. When I come across a song that the words and music have such an annointing, it captivates my heart.  

I recently was helping my husband work on the slide show that we'll be showing at my brother's wedding this weekend.   My part, picking out the music.   I came across a Christian musician named Meredith Andrews.   Forgive me if she's been around for awhile & I'm just now discovering her...remember, I have children & three at that.   We listen to toddler tunes, and various children's music.   

I immediately loved her music, her words, her worship....through all of these things shines an evidence of her passion for the Lord.   So, we bought the whole album off Amazon & I love it!  I wanted you to check out one of her videos.   Enjoy!  

12 comments:

Mari said...

I hadn't heard of her before, but you are right. She is great! Thanks for passing this on.

Karen Giron said...

Hi friend! I haven't heard of her either, but you know I have veggie tales or some other kiddo CD in the car too - such is the stage of life. Thanks for sharing - I'll have to check out her CD. Plus she has great hair, ha!

Shelley said...

I hadn't heard of her either, but she's really good, and pretty! Thanks for the suggestion!

Also, I SO relate to how you feel about music and worship. Music was a major part of my life pre-marriage and kids. I really really miss it.

Alana said...

Nope, never heard of her, but I do like her! Thanks for sharing, Earen.

Fran said...

I don't know who she is but I'm gonna take a listen now! :)

Music is so good to this girls soul.

Have a blessed day Earen. Enjoy those darling boys!

Love,
Fran

Anonymous said...

Ditto! (But I live in Japan and am out of touch with many things anyhow)

However, I couldn't get the video to work----said it was no longer available. Ugh.

BethAnne said...

I love her! This is one of my favorite songs.

Janelle said...

That was beautiful. I love the richness of her voice. I am drawn to male singers because of their husky-ness. So I am really picky about women. Her voice was just right for me!

Kristen said...

OOH, I love that! I think I have heard that song once before but I love her voice. I am going to check her out. Thank you for sharing that video and the song.

Have fun at the wedding :o)

joy said...

thanks for the recommendation. she sounds great.

mariel said...

I had not heard of her, but love this video...thanks for keeping other 'out-of-touch' moms like me in touch with something other than my sons' current fave...veggies sing the 70s!!! yikes!

Jenni S. said...

They play that song on the Christian radio station here in town, but I never paid attention to the name of the artist. Now that I know who she is, I'll have to check out her other stuff because I really like that song.

Soooo, I can't wait to here - how was the wedding?!