Monday, June 2, 2008

The wedding!!

My dear, sweet brother.....there are only 4 more days until he's married to this beautiful woman that is joining our family.   They've been dating for 2 years and finally the day has arrived.   This is their engagement picture.  He wanted to show off his Fireman gear & aren't they just a beautiful couple?!  

You know, it's been a weird roller coaster of emotions for me this week.  My brother and I have been away from the place we called "home" growing up for awhile now and yet I didn't know I would feel this way inside.  We have always been close....he's always been my brother...he's been my best friend.   I am so proud of my brother.   He's the man I always knew he'd be and I have no doubts he will make an incredible husband.  I almost feel as if I'm letting him go...and I'm just the sister.   They definitely won't be out of our lives and thankfully living close by, but there's another woman that has become so very dear to him.   It's how God designed it to be.   My heart is just filled to overflowing today because he's all I thought he'd be and more...a man of integrity, honor, and love for the Lord.  And now we are welcoming a dear, sweet woman that is filling his heart with amazing joy!  

14 comments:

Janelle said...

That is truly a blessing. It sounds like he will be a wonderful husband and someday father. You have every right to be proud of him!

Mari said...

I just love that engagement picture - it's unique and very cool! I understand those mixed emotions. I felt that way when my daughter got married. Very happy - but sad for the ending of that phase of her life.

dawn said...

What a darling picture and an honoring post. He looks like he will be a wonderful husband.

Denise said...

how wonderful to feel that way about your brother. how i hope my kiddos delight in each other like that.

and now you get a sister! God will surprise you with all the ways your relationship will grow..there is still more to be had!

Sarah Markley said...

what a great tribute to your brother. and your new picture is so cute!

BethAnne said...

So happy for your family. Weddings are always fun times and make great memories.

Sittintall said...

That is a wonderful engagement picture. I am sure you are very proud of him (I'm sure MANY people are proud of him, after taking a call like a fireman). Hope you have a good time at the wedding. Don't forget your kleenex!

Fran said...

Oh Earen...praying God's richest of blessings over them as they begin their new life together.

Savor the moments.
much love,
Fran

I'm Tara. said...

What a gorgeous couple. I pray that they will have a life of love, surrounded by God's hands and blessings.

Anonymous said...

Brothers rock. Having known them so well since they were kids, isn't it surreal to see them all grown up and eveything? Mine has 2 sons of his own now, and it still amazes me when I see him with them, acting all daddy-ish. I'm so glad I did have the 1 boy - the girls don't know it, but they will be so proud of him one day.

joy said...

what a sweet picture. i think it's so amazing that you have a close relationship with your brother--how very precious that is. have fun at the wedding!

Alana said...

They are a cute couple! I love that picture. I hope the wedding goes well and more importantly, the marriage ;-)

His Girl said...

glad tidings to you and to your brother!

I hope my children will feel the same way about each other as they grow up!

Jenni S. said...

What a sweet tribute to him right before his wedding. I hope it all went well.