Sunday, June 29, 2008

Really, 8 years already???


In the blink of an eye...8 years has passed since the day I walked down the isle ready to begin a new adventure with the love of my life.

I met my husband the summer of 1999. He was setting up a volleyball net at a park where a good friend of mine and I always played with our church group...every Sunday afternoon. It wasn't love at first sight for either of us, but didn't take long before my heart was all his. Guys weren't much interested in me prior to my love. So, when I first began talking with him and found that he was interested in me and my life, it was a shock to my system. Although because of his cool sunglasses and totally awesome car, I thought he might be a bit cocky...boy, was I wrong.

One evening after a game of volleyball he asked for my email address. He was having such a hard time remembering it that he finally said, "Here, you remember mine & email me." So...I did. We emailed solid for 2 weeks and I don't mean little emails...we emailed books. I was amazed at how I got to know this man through email and discovered he was the most amazing man I'd ever known and realized he had a heart unlike I'd ever come across. I knew within the first 2 weeks of dating him that he was the one for me. The rest of our story was nothing but divine intervention...for we knew that the Lord was in it all. By March of 2000 he proposed to me and on June 30th, 2000, we were married. I remember so many details of that day, but the thing that I remember the most is having those church doors open and seeing my love standing there waiting for me...tears in his eyes....saying our vows...committing our lives to each other.

My love, every day of our lives together has been a joy to me. You're my best friend, my love and it's truly my honor and delight to be married to you. The Lord far exceeded my expectations when He gave you to me. Thank you for the love you have for us and the love you have for Him. I'm forever yours and I love you dearly....

16 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

so sweet. happy anniversary to you guys!

Alana said...

Beautiful story, you have. Happy Anniversary!

Shelley said...

That was so sweet. What a neat story about meeting him!

Lynn said...

Happy Anniversary!!! God blessed you both with exactly the right spouse for you. What a wonderful tribute you wrote to your hubby and to your marriage.

Mari said...

Happy Anniversary! What a neat story you have. Hope you've had a great day!

Kristen said...

What a beautiful story! Happy Anniversary!

Unknown said...

Thank you Earen! You are my best friend and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. You are the perfect wife for me. I love you very much.

Fran said...

Blessings and joy Earen! May God continue to shine through each of you and your family!!

Big hugs~
Fran

BethAnne said...

Hey, where are the wedding pictures?

Congratulations!

mariel said...

Happy Anniversary...what a treasure!

The Bakers said...

Happy Anniversary!! Enjoy your time together. Hopefully, you can have a meal by yourselves and eat something other than mac-n-cheese. :)

joy said...

happy anniversary! what a lovely couple you make and what a beautiful family God has given you. you are blessed! thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Earen! That is something to celebrate.

We will celebrate 17 this month. In some ways it seems like yesterday - but when I think about all that has happened, it seems like another lifetime ago.

Sounds like you had a smooth courtship much like ours - an instant "knowing" that makes for joy and peace. I pray that for my children, as well. Good memories are such a blessing.

Denise said...

happy 8th anniversary earen!
what a sweet story.

my husband isn't wordy or chatty, email would have marked the end for us.

isn't wonderful how God wrote each of our stories before time! it is so good to live in His goodness.

His Girl said...

happy, happy anniversary!!!

Jenni S. said...

Happy Anniversary, Earen!