Monday, July 28, 2008

A big box....


I need boxes right now...and lots of them. Packing all our everyday and not so everyday possessions is more than I thought it would be. I remind myself as I pack everything to not grumble but be thankful for all the Lord has provided for us.

My husband brought home a really big box today & I have needed really big boxes. Instead of being filled with possessions, it's being filled with 2 little boys. Hours of entertainment as the toys just sit and watch. "Don't mess up or rip the box, boys. I'm going to need that for packing."....((((rip)))....((((tear))))....oh dear...not the big box. Next the box is being pushed all over the living room by the youngest who in actuality gets pushed over by the big box. Oh, I needed that big box.

I get so trapped by the stresses of this life. So, maybe one of our big boxes gets ripped and torn to shreds....there are more big boxes in this world, but I need it. But more than my need is the sounds of pure joy and laughter as I watch my children find great pleasure in a big box. Ah, for the days when not ripping a big box of moms was all I had to worry about. Enjoy the box, my boys for nothing brings me more joy than you.

8 comments:

Mari said...

There's nothing like a kid and a big box!

Fran said...

Hang onto that feeling and that moment and that desire. You'll get moved...i promise. That laughter is the most important part of your family...besides Jesus of course.

Hugs,
Fran

Kristen said...

amazing how much fun and enjoyment they can find in the box. enjoy their smiles and laughter amidst the stress. i know i would have been stressed over losing my big box when packing too - but you found joy in the situation with your three blessings enjoying each other and the box :o)

Shelley said...

I love your perspective. I'm sure all the packing is stressful and tiring, but you are handling it really well. You are one great mama!

Sittintall said...

Oh the fun in boxes. We still have a washing machine box from a year ago that the girls still use as a house. And happy moving. I sure don't envy you on the moving part. I can only imagine how long it would take me.

Jenni S. said...

Sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in what our needs are, but praise God that he reminded you to be selfless in the face of your children's joy.

alliekat said...

It always amazed me when my children were younger how we spent to much time and effort choosing Christmas presents and wrapping them so neatly only to have them only play with the boxes!

dawn said...

Who needs toys when you have boxes, rocks and sticks!

I sure love our cyber friendship!