Thursday, July 3, 2008

Saying my piece!

"The Pew poll out last week reveals that 82 percent of Protestants believe there are multiple paths to salvation, as do 79 percent of Catholics and 57 percent of evangelicals."

As a believer in Jesus Christ, these statistics are very disturbing to me. I marvel at the fact that even in the Christian realm we interpert the Bible so differently. Did I miss something in the verse in the Bible that says, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"?

Last night I was listening to a Christian program on the radio and they were talking about the latest book called The New Earth. Oprah has highly recommended it. The problem....deception. He's taken the Bible and our beliefs in God and twisted them to how he wants them to be and so many people embrace it as "the way". He's completely wrong.

One thing I've learned in my years growing up reading the Word and being a believer in Jesus Christ is that many deceivers will come along, the main one being the anti-christ. There's part of me that can understand why a non-believer would fall into this trap, but I'm saddened at times at the fact of so many believers in Jesus falling into this same trap of deception. But, I've always known that the enemy loves to work inside the camp and destroy it from the inside out.

Believers...end times are upon us! Being in the Word of God is the only way we're going to know if something or someone is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is only ONE WAY to Jesus! ONE!...through Him. We must be strong and deliver Light to this world. We must stand for Him and not let the deception of the enemy creep into our understanding of who we know He is. For I know that in the end....we win...God wins...He's already won! Praise the Lord!!

8 comments:

Mari said...

I saw that article too and it sscares me. I agree that the end is getting close.

Lynn said...

Amen!

Fran said...

Amen sista!!!!

Hugs~
Fran

BethAnne said...

Amen, sister! You preach it, girl!

Have a great 4th!

Janelle said...

It is scary how the world would rather embrace a no-name author, backed by Oprah rather than the Bible. Scary times, for sure.

Mommyluann said...

such a good word....stunning statistics for sure...Oprah is leading many down a rocky path...my MIL and I were discussing that recently.

Alana said...

Amen! Thanks be to the Lord that He already has the victory!

Jenni S. said...

He is the only way to eternal life. Amen to that!