Saturday, July 26, 2008

I got an AWARD!!


My friend Mariel at Growing in Godliness gave me this award!! Thank you so much Mariel!! I've enjoyed so much reading her depth of insight into the Word and the passion she has for Christ. She loves the Lord and His Word and it's very evident!

Part of the fun though of this award from her is that I was tagged to fill you in on 6 random things about me. Oh, things deep in the depths of my life that you've never known....hmmm....oh, are you in such suspense? :-) Ok, here we go!!

1. I took piano lessons for 11 years and entered several competitions - never won though.
2. I LOVE a new Bible. I'm spoiled in that I have so many...
3. I know some might think this inappropriate, but I LOVE to write all the things God is teaching me in my Bible because I honestly never go back and read my journal, but I open my Bible all the time.
4. Like Mariel, I HAVE to make my bed every morning..I hate getting into an unmade bed.
5. At parties, I usually win the award for having the most lipsticks/lipglosses in my purse. Can anyone beat 26? ....Remember, I LOVE makeup! :-)
6. I love to organize and be in charge. Someday I would love to be used by the Lord to speak at women's conferences or women's gatherings....thought about talking someday about weight issues and how God can use that in your life...just a dream. God would have to make the doors really clear because when I get in front of people & talk I am SO nervous & I usually cry.

Anyone else want to join in & share with your blog world 6 random facts about you??

9 comments:

Mari said...

Congratulations on the award! I like to write in my Bible too. It's fun to find something later and remember writing it. I have to make my bed too.

mariel said...

This is great, Earen! Thank you for the kind words...you are so sweet!

You know I couldn't decided if I love old Bibles or new ones more! I just LOVE His Word! I write in my Bible, too...and journal and on anything I can get my hands on! haha! Thank goodness for blogs and computers, huh?!

Kristen said...

Congratulations on the award! So fun to get to know you more with your facts. 26 lipsticks or glosses in your purse- really? WOW!!!

Janelle said...

I am a Bible writer, too. I do keep a journal, but I love to see the dates and thoughts written in my Bible. For me, it is an intimate connection with the Word.

26 lip glosses? Seriously, I wouldn't have a chance competing with that!

Denise said...

11 years of piano! i'd love to hear you play.

26 lipsticks, yikes! and do you have a favorite? i buy 2 and stick with them for too long. 2, i carry a small purse. i'm sure you don't.

Sarah Markley said...

so cool, earen. i am laughing about the lipsticks too. =)

Lynn said...

Seriously, 26 lipsticks?!?! Please tell me they were at least samples...you're going to have shoulder problems from the weight of them all!

Do you still play the piano?

Oh, and congratulations on your award!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Congrats to you...well deserved

Jenni S. said...

26!!!! I have one lipstick that sits in my make-up bag and gets used on Sundays and date nights. At least, I think it's still in my make-up bag... :)

Congrats on the award!