Friday, July 25, 2008

A busy week...

Spray parks, movies, amusement parks, birthday parties, house stuff....these are all the things that have occupied our time this week. I had decided that I had been so occupied with all the details & things for the sale/purchase of our homes that I had not given my children the time they deserved. So, this week I was taking a break & we were having fun!

Yes, we had a blast...but, the term "taking a break" was way off! I've been busier doing these fun activities than I have been in a long time, but it was well worth it to see the joy in my son's eyes. But, I remember why I find is easier to stay home right now....today is one of those days. Rest, catching up with laundry and cleaning, hanging out at home, remembering the toys we have here....peace. What I realized was that even after days of being away from home, even my boys started to behave out of the norm for they were tired too.

This made me think of our relationship with the Lord. We busy our selves with things of Him, which in & of itself is a good thing, but at the price of enjoying the peace & rest of the Lord and quite honestly...missing Him. There are times when I forget to just sit down in my own home & enjoy my children and I wonder if the Lord feels the same way about us. Bringing joy to my children doesn't require me to fill their lives with activities...I found that all they want is me. The Lord doesn't want us to fill our lives with activities because all He wants is us. Because being so busy doing things for Him can really, truly cause us to miss Him.

So, today we slow down & enjoy the peace of being at home just playing with each other. And I remember that the Lord wants me to just slow down and enjoy the peace of being at Home with Him.

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!

8 comments:

BethAnne said...

Oh sister, you are speaking to my heart right now. Busy-ness has taken center stage the past couple of weeks (months). Talk about the captivity of activity ---- I have been captive for a while now. I so need some down time with the Lord......

His Girl said...

woweeeee. I heard THAT with my bad ear...

I'm hoping to refocus next week, and I guarantee that part of it will include re-reading this post!

Shelley said...

We've had a busy and fun week too. This afternoon we came home to rest, and it feels SO good. I love your analogy. I hadn't ever thought about it like that before, and I totally agree with you!

mariel said...

great illustration! I whole heartedly agree with you, too! After days of running around (even for 'good' things) I can feel drained spiritually, realizing that I need time to be still before the Lord...just as my boys need time to replenish at home just playing board games with me or sitting to read a story or just sitting! I will keep this in mind as I approach a potentially busy weekend!!

*I love what 'his girl' said about hearing it with ther bad ear...funny! and true!! haha!!

Fran said...

Straight to me Earen. Straight to me.

I miss HIM right now.
Thanks for the word and the love,
Fran

mariel said...

I tagged you over at my place, friend! No pressure, but if you have time I'd love to read your responses!!

Fran said...

The Siesta Fiesta is a gathering of fellow bloggers at a Living Proof Live event in San Antonio next month. After the conference, the girls attending that have blogs, will be getting together and meeting in person and having some fellowship time. We are also having some time together before and after the conference.

You can check it out at Beth Moore's blog if you wish. She announced the special Siesta Fiesta several months ago and I just knew I had to come out and see these girls face to face. Should be fun and crazy and lots of screaming! :)

Maybe that clears the mud for ya!

Happy Sunday!
Hugs,
Fran

Jenni S. said...

I'm trying to do that very thing this week. Thank you for the reminder!