Monday, July 14, 2008

The Wonder of it all....

When you're shopping for a new home, waiting for your current home contract to all go through & hoping that it does..well, it can cause stress, worry, fear, being uptight, anxiousness, jealously, pride, anger, excitement, disappointment, doubt, joy, happiness, thankfulness, tears, contentment, trust, remembering that God is faithful, and even love.

These are a few of the emotions that have entered my heart since we have begun this journey, most of which I'm not proud of. We are still waiting.... But what I realize is that I haven't leaned on the Lord, prayed and dug into His Word like I have until recently for quite some time. Sad, I know. I'm thankful for a God that doesn't give up on me and longs to be gracious to us. He has the best in mind for us...He knows where we need to live...He knows who needs to buy this current home....He knows.

A friend of my mom's gave this verse to me and I've really been clinging to it. Psalm 50:15 "Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me the glory." I know the Lord uses everything in our lives to bring glory to His name...not ours, His. Recently we went to have lunch with my husband at work. There were several other teachers in the lunchroom with us and they were asking how in the world we sold our house in this market so quickly. Dan & I were almost silent for a moment and then I just spouted out..."God..it's only Him that could have done this." As I was driving home I felt the Lord share with me that that is what it looks like to bring glory to Him. In a room of ladies who we are not sure where they are with the Lord, we were able to give all credit to God.

So, even though in all honestly I'm still praying through & seeking the Lord's forgiveness on some of those "bad" emotions, I'm excited to give all the glory to the Lord. He's faithful, oh so faithful. I trust you Lord...

6 comments:

joy said...

i love that you could share about the Lord at your husband's school. I don't know how his school is, but my husband's isn't exactly overflowing with Christians.

BethAnne said...

"Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me the glory"

I love that!!

Fran said...

I'm thrilled for you Earan. Its easy for me to keep my mouth shut or say something that has NOTHING to do with God or His beautiful timing. So, I'm happy you were able to say it out loud!

Blessings~
Fran

Jenni S. said...

What a great opportunity to share with your husband's co-workers and you took it. Well done. :)

Kristen said...

what a great opportunity to share about your experience! i know it is hard to trust during these uncertain times but you are learning and growing and clinging to Him. when you are settled in your new home you will be able to see how perfectly His plan went for you and your family.

Alana said...

Someone once told me the process of buying/selling a house is a serious faith builder...and I can't agree more. He is faithful!