Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Been Tagged!

My friend Sarah tagged me to answer these Christmas questions! So, here we go!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Yes...both. I guess I prefer to open a gift with wrapping paper because it makes it last longer.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial..just easier.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Thanksgiving weekend.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Pretty much right after Christmas. Once it's over I tend to pack everything up.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Absolutely NOT

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Money was tight growing up seeing as my Dad was a Christian school principal. We never had alot so one Christmas I had really wanted a new doll. My parents told me they couldn't afford it, but low & behold on Christmas morning, there she sat. I cherished that doll I think because I knew my parent's had sacrificed for me.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. I actually have 3 of them.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
Probably all the men in my family, except for my brothers. My brothers like clothes, so it's easier for me; otherwise I'm just not sure.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom! Anything pink & she'll love it!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Honestly, I can't remember any...

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
MAIL! I think Christmas time is my favorite time also because of all the Christmas cards we get from friends & family! It's like a little gift in the mail everyday..I love it!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Miracle on 34th Street

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Late October - early November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Hmmm...I'm sure I have, but for like a work Christmas party or something like that. Never for family or friends.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Oh goodness...where to begin. Fudge...my mom & grandma's fudge. Also, there amazing sugar cookies. One of a kind. Cinnamon roles my mom makes. Prime rib we have for Christmas lunch. My grandma's homemade cheese potato soup....

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Ava Maria & O Come let us Adore Him.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Travel 30min. away to my parent's house. Nothing like going home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
No

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. We actually have nothing at the very top of the tree. I always have put an ornament at the top of the tree that has a picture of me when I was about 18mo. I like being at the top! Ha!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We usually got to open 1 gift on Christmas Eve. Growing up it was PJ's from my Grandma. Everything else was Christmas morning...BUT, now I get to open up a bunch on both days! Christmas Eve with my Clark family & Christmas day with my family.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
I have to agree with Sarah...the huge bummer when it's all over & January. Oh, other than my son's birthday, I really dislike January.

23. What I love most about Christmas?
On the spiritual side, I love celebrating Christ's birth and now incorporating that with my children. On the non-spiritual side, being with family & the presents! I'm a gift person & love presents!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

So fun - thanks for sharing! I love reading and learning about other people's traditions - and so fun getting to know you better!

Oh and yes BIG, HUGE Broncos fans in our house! (my hubby grew up in Colorado)

Alana said...

Okay, I need the recipes from all of those goodies you mentioned!

Fun list!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed getting to know you better too!
By the way, I love the new picture on your sidebar of you and your husband! :)

BethAnne said...

I am so with you on the fudge thing! It was fun reading your answers. I put everything up as soon as Christmas is over too - if I leave it out I get depressed because its over (I know, immature, but I just can't help it!).
I have to say that the new pic of you and your husband is great! Girl, you are beautiful inside and out!

Short Stop said...

First, I LOVE that new pic of you and your husband!!

I loved reading these. Oh, and fudge. I looooooove fudge! It was so fun reading about your traditions...so glad you shared them!

Janelle said...

I agree with Alana. Recipes, please :)

I love the story of the doll you got for Christmas. What a tender memory.

I bet you still have her.