Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Freedom


I love this picture of my Caleb. It symbolizes to me..freedom. He made it to the top and there's this sense of freedom you can't experience from below. He stretches his arms, points his fingers to the sky in unashamed freedom. Not holding back.

The carefree nature of our little ones. Sometimes seeming to have little fear and excited at the possibility which becomes reality in reaching the top. The joy, the pure and holy pleasure of having His light shine on his face in rejoicing!

I desire to have the heart of my Caleb. I desire to have the Lord continually take me to the top. For although I learn in the "below", I find renewed strength in being as what might seem closer to Him...the top. Stretching my arms as far as they will reach, praising Him with every rejoicing movement I have. For He stretched out His arms for me in His sacrifice that eternally bonded me to Him. Why would I dare even dream to hold back....

So, I stretch out myself to you Lord...take me for all I have and may I always know the freedom that is in You.

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Love that picture!

Thanks for you comment on my blog. It's nice to "meet" you!

Blessings,
stephanie

Kristen said...

Love the picture, and the visual picture you gave me with your words. Thanks :)