Friday, December 21, 2007

Falling...

The snow today is falling ever so lightly upon the ground below. Blowing wherever the wind might direct its course. It's blown, tossed, and thrown around until it finally falls into the exact spot God designed for it to fall. Thinking...God even cares exactly where one particular snowflake falls....we then can't even begin to fathom the love & care He has for us.

As these snow flakes fall, I can't help but think about how we are going along on our merry way, doing what the Lord has for us and then...we are blown, tossed, and thrown around until we finally fall exactly where God wants us to land. It might not be where we thought we'd be or how we'd get there, but alas...we're where God wants us to be. Our plans never seem to be ours and yet I'm so glad that He always prevails in what I hope is every area in my life.

Life has struggles, hardships...we are blown & tossed around. Sometimes not knowing why or where we will end up, but trusting...trusting His heart.

As the sun comes out, the snow lying on the ground in wait finally starts to melt....being used to moisture our earth or rise in evaporation. So, why we may have started out being blown, tossed, and thrown around, we land and wait in quiet...we wait on Him until He's ready to begin the process of bringing "moisture" or His love to this earth all the while rising up to be used by Him yet again.

8 comments:

Denise said...

Such beautiful much needed words. Thank you Earen.
I am being tossed about right now, but your right, He always works it out for good. I look forward to that.

And please copy us with a Free Hot Chocolate stand! What a blessing it would be to your community and family.

dawn said...

Thanks for this sweet post. Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas!

Anonymous said...

What a touching post----I am not a snow person but will be reminded of your post when our first snow falls here in Japan.
He is always working for our good---isn't He wonderful?

Sarah Markley said...

So beautiful!

Kristen said...

So true Earen! When you are in the midst of the tossing it doesn't seem clear what His plan is but when you look back you can see His hand on it all.

Beautiful post!

I am jealous of the snow fall, I am still dreaming of having a white Christmas here!

Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Earen,
Will you e-mail me? I have something I want to share with you! I was inspired by you and want to show you!
Jennifer
triathlete_wife@yahoo.com

BethAnne said...

Beautiful analogy!

BethAnne said...

Merry Christmas, Earen! I pray your Christmas is filled with all things Jesus! You are such a sweetheart and such a blessing to me. It is obvious to me that you want so much to be like Jesus in all you do - what a great example for your little ones! Have a wonderful day (and eat what you want :-)