Friday, April 4, 2008

Baking Blunders...

We're going to our final study at church tonight & we are having a potluck....

I decide to bake & bring Peanut butter Fingers...yummy!

While making my first batch, I decide I need to double it..there are lots of people in the class....

At 20min. I check if they are done only to mysteriously discover that the cookies are boiling over in my stove...urgg....

At 28min. I take them out....they've sunk & something isn't right.....

Oh, I put Baking powder in them instead of Baking soda......2 batches wasted....

Start again by making another batch.....I got it this time....We are ok....Breathe....

27min. later....WHAT?! Same thing again.....what's going on.....

Check the recipe in more detail......

Oh, I missed the part about adding flour......thus, this episode is the reason I really, really, dislike baking or for that matter, cooking....

3 cubes of butter later....a whole jar of peanut butter....3 eggs...and a bunch of other ingredients and my husband is so kindly picking some more stuff up for me to try yet one more time again.....

At least this batch, I'll have plenty of flour......

14 comments:

Kristen said...

LOL! The first time I ever made frosting I used granulated sugar instead of confectioner's sugar - it was a disaster. My mom and sister were laughing as I couldn't figure out what confectioner's sugar was. Now I know!!

Your peanut butter fingers sound yummy - I hope this batch goes better! Have fun at your potluck :o)

Sittintall said...

That's why I stick to cookies in a tube! Hope you get lots of compliments on the final result. You can say you worked ALL DAY on them (because you did....3 times)!

BethAnne said...

seriously, are we sisters separated at birth?

when you need an easy recipe to take to a potluck - ask me - i have thousands (some do require flour though ;-)

Mari said...

Oh no! This seems to only happen when you have to bring something away - hope this last batch is good!

Janelle said...

I hope your oven will recover from the sticky mess.

But in the meantime...recipe,please. They sound just yummy. Flour and all.

Sarah Markley said...

Seriously. Flour? So funny. I love to bake (and they say I'm not too bad)...but I can't cook meat to save my life. Maybe it all evens out somehow. Or....we should all open a restaurant and we each can do what we do best. =) Sorry about your cookies!

His Girl said...

oh! those sound magnificent! sorry it took a while, but I sure wish i was there to cheer you up (and help myself to a cookie!)

Alana said...

You had me at peanut butter ;-)

Unknown said...

Great honey. I am glad that you blogged about your experience yesterday. You are a great cock! Love you

Jenni S. said...

Yeah, those things always seem to happen when you're under pressure to make something - like major holidays or church potlucks, etc. Hope they work out (eventually!).

Short Stop said...

Earen, my friend, I have been there MANY times. Disasters galore!

This made me laugh, though. Laughing with you...I hope! :):)

Fran said...

That is my kitchen. ;)

Anonymous said...

Why is it that you can find the perfect recipe, and have it come out right every time, but if you dare try to make it for someone else, it never fails to fail! It's some kind of law of the universe or something! It makes me weary just to think of the cleanup you faced that day. THAT is what I dislike about cooking. :)

Renee said...

Oh Earen, I am SO with you on this one. I can't tell you how many times I've messed up simple recipes because I missed one step, or added a wrong ingredient. I'm famous for it, in our house. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I love the new pictures!! What a beautiful family. Miss you!