Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Come Lord Jesus.....

I hear the sound of rain as it beats against our windows.....snow is on its way, at least they say. I'm ready for this winter season to pass...I'm ready for the flowers to bloom, the buds on the trees to blossom, the warm air to brush my face. I'm ready to move on.....

Imagine that our same anticipation of Christ's return should be. Imagine if we desired for it to be here now...we know it will be here soon, but are we excited, desperate for its arrival at this very moment?

Time comes and goes....soon the warm season will be over and I'll again be facing the cold, winter months...it often reminds me of always wanting something better or different. They say, "The grass is always greener...or....we always want what we can't have." But, not for me...not in this one fact...

Heaven...the grass is so, so much greener and I can have it...soon! So, as I watch in anticipation as I see spring time just beyond my reach and as I know that winter will soon come again I remember deeply in my heart that His return is so very near and I say, "Come Lord Jesus, come..."

14 comments:

BethAnne said...

PRAISE THE LORD HE'S COMING SOON! (and it wont be soon enough for me! ;-)

BethAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mari said...

What a great thing to dwell on - If spring here is lovely just think what heaven will be like!

Short Stop said...

I love this, Earen. I think on heaven far too seldom.

Thank you for sharing this reminder that He is indeed coming!!!

Jenni S. said...

Do you remember back in the day when Calgon used to have that commercial of a woman in a very busy environment or having a bad day and she retreats to her bathtub and the commercial ends with her saying, "Calgon, take me away!" There are days when I say that to Jesus - days when I long for heaven and eternity without sin and shame and evil. All this to say to you, "Amen!"

Mommyluann said...

I stumbled onto your blog from Bethanne's blog. I always say I'm looking for the uppertaker and not the undertaker! And I love to think that there is a crown for those who love his appearing!!
Good ... no great post!

ocean mommy said...

I am right there with you sister! COME ON LORD JESUS!!!!!

I just love that photo at the top of your blog...so beautiful. ;)

steph.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fran said...

Since I've grown closer to Jesus in the last 10 yrs....I'm completely fine with that time or day coming. I cannot imagine what it will be like. But, i'm good with it. No fear here! :)

Alana said...

It is unfathomable the beauty and perfection of Heaven. Not to mention being with our Daddy.

mariel said...

AMEN! What a great post! Thank you for this thought to ponder on as the weather warms and my favorite season is in full bloom!! I agree with Mari...just imagine what Heaven holds!! Glory!!

His Girl said...

amen, amen, amen, amen!

Anonymous said...

Snow!?!

That doesn't sound possible! What a great comparison though! :)