Monday, April 14, 2008

A renewed strength.....

"Every day is fresh & new with no mistakes in it...yet." Quote from Anne of Green Gables..........

My body sits here, stuck at 44lbs lost....28 1/2 inches no longer there....5% body fat disappeared and I've sat at this exact spot for the last month. No movement except maybe that of a little gain here and there only to lose that same weight again.

Why is it that the numbers on the scale have such a hold over us? That's the big difference in this program I've been doing this go around. It's not about the numbers on the scale, it's about how you feel and how your clothes are feeling...but I'm still a numbers girl. It would seem as if the numbers on that scale depict how I feel about myself or truly how I feel. But, it's wrong....

Last week was just an emotional week for me and I ran, no I sprinted towards food as I always seem to do. I had pizza, licorice, cake, many more coffees than I should, and for the most part I ate pretty well, other than those few items listed above...:-( Much to my credit though, I exercised...almost every day I ran 2 miles. But, it's amazing how our bodies work. It takes both eating well & exercise to make this body drop weight.

But, each day is fresh and new with no mistakes in it..yet! So, I start again with a new found commitment to really working on my health and having the best body and health that God desires for me to have. Again, it goes way deeper than the food, but God reminds me that each day...sometimes each moment is fresh and new with a renewed strength that only comes from Him.

12 comments:

Fran said...

Isn't that funny that we both posted on a renewed strength??

I do believe God is speaking to us both. :)

Let Him carry us both!
hugs and prayers~
Fran

His Girl said...

You had me at Anne.....

Good girl for leaning on Him and getting healthy for the right reasons! Keep going!!!!

Mari said...

That's a great amount to have lost. I know frustrating it is, when you get stuck. I've been there. The problem is - I'm not stuck anymore but going in the wrong direction! Thanks for the motivation today.

Kristen said...

Praise the Lord for a fresh start each day!!

You have done so well in your weight loss journey - you are an inspiration. I am so proud of you! Way to go with exercising each day and running :o) It isn't always easy but it feels so good once it is done.

BethAnne said...

Girl!!!! I so relate to this! (unfortunately not the 44 lbs lost part). It is an uphill battle - keep on keeping on! You have done so well this far and you can go the rest of the way. Dont be discouraged - plateaus are normal in weight loss!

Earen can do all things through Christ from whom she gets her strength!!!


Go EAREN!!!! (can ya tell I was a cheerleader in my younger days?)

Jenni S. said...

If only we could extend as much grace to ourselves as He gives to us. You are doing a great job and the most important thing is for you to be healthy!

Short Stop said...

"...but God reminds me that each day...sometimes each moment is fresh and new with a renewed strength that only comes from Him."

You are SO right. Keep leaning on Him, my friend! He has worked SO mightily on you through this process...physically AND spiritually. It has been a privelege to watch you on this journey!

Sittintall said...

You are doing great girl! I'm sure if I were in the same boat (that is, having lost some weight and then plateau'd) I'd be a little frustrated too. But you have a great attitude. Every day is a fresh new start with no mistakes (actually every minute). So just keep plugging away at the goal. You will get there.

Shelley said...

Earen, I am so impressed that you kept exercising. It's easy to give up during those plateau periods, and you didn't! I love the quote from Anne, I needed that.

dawn said...

Don't beat yourself up over 44 pounds. When I read that my eyes popped out. I wanted to scream 44 pounds! 44 pounds! That's incredible. Runnign 2 miles? Amazing! I am proud of you. I run some, but we live in the hills and it is hard to motivate myself some days to go up and down. You probably have lots of hills too, I bet.

One more thing...you are a gracious diaper bag loser. I saw your comment on her blog and I was even more proud of you. I hope you find another bag that is just perfect for you!

Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration Earen! 44 pounds loss is a great accomplishment! Look at where God has taken you and not at the current plateau. You are doing great!

Alana said...

You can do it! I have embarked on the weight loss journey as well, started a new exercise program and am trying to watch what I eat as well. I'm doing not so great with the eating, but so far so good with the exercise.