Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Little voices.....


The voices of my children....I hear them all the time. The sweet sounds of Caleb singing "Father Abraham" or Benjamin trying to get in all the letters of the alphabet in the "ABC" song. The little "talks" Caleb enjoys having with his dad every night in which dad usually just sits and listens. The pulling at my heart strings when Benjamin doesn't want me to leave his room when it's time for bed... "please don't leave mommy." The baby chatter of Levi as he's trying to figure out how to put his fingers into his mouth. The sweetness of him just saying, "ahhh." The love he shows me without even any words. The laughter...the "Mommy, chase me!".... the"Mom, can we have special Caleb Mama time?"

I wonder what the Lord thinks about the voices of His children - me? Do I bring sweetness to His heart? Do I sing praises to His name? There are moments when their voices can bring challenge & I know I do the same for the Lord. And yet there is gentle love always in His voice whispering my name in a way to say, "I love you."

May my voice shout from the rooftops my love for you Lord! May my kindness be evident through a heart that is passionate for You. May my words always show gentle love as I whisper to my boys, "I love you."

The peace and quiet is a refreshing welcome at times, but I wouldn't change hearing the voices of my children for anything. I know the Lord feels the same.

5 comments:

Alana said...

I'll answer that question for you. You definitely bring sweetness to the Lord's heart with your words. Definitely.

Kristen said...

If there is peace and quiet and it isn't nap time, there is usually trouble brewing somewhere (at least in my house!)

I agree with Alana - you bring sweetness to the Lord's heart! :o)

Sarah Markley said...

You have an eloquent spirit, Earen.

dawn said...

What a sweet reminder. Thanks for the chills your words brought to me. I do love the sounds of my boys voices and I love hearing their hearts as well.

Thanks for your sweet comments to me, too.

Great to meet you.

BethAnne said...

I cringe to think of the times that God has heard my angry, hateful, synical, ugly voice.

I am in total agreement with Alana - you definitely have a sweet sweet spirit!