Sunday, November 18, 2007

Silence


I sit in silence while I nurse Levi. You see, he's at that age in which every distraction takes him away from the task at hand. Is it convenient, no. Does it require planning, yes. A little fun room time for the older boys, or they enjoy a video, or are eating a meal. It can get tricky.

It has become my peace time though. I look forward to going into Levi's newly & lovely light blue and sage green painted room where my rocking chair resides and it's a moment for us. For what seems like seconds, but in reality is 20 minutes - I find silence.

Now, you know me by now & you know that often my minds drifts into thoughts of how this might relate to the Lord. Do I need silence and quiet to focus in my time with the Lord - the current task at hand? Levi needs quiet to take in nourishment...do I need that to take in nourishment from the Lord? We moms know that this can be quite a task to behold. A quiet moment??? The thing is, our spiritual nourishment is just as important as the physical..if not more.

Where do I make my silence for my spiritual nourishment...when? I know that as a mom you fit it in where you can with moments here & there...but can I hear the voice of the Lord with distractions?

Levi needs that silence to eat, to focus. It's my special time with my baby, my sweet child. Maybe God wants that from me....that quiet time - to hear His voice. Taking the time to be still and listen. Sometimes that only comes in the silence.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

How often we don't take the time to be silent and listen. What a good reminder Earen!

Those little moments, in the quiet nursing the baby - so precious! Enjoy them while they last!

Love the new photos on your sidebar!

Alana said...

"Be still and know that I am God"

It is a need, I believe, just like Levi's.

Loving your new pictures!!

BethAnne said...

Being still is so hard to do, but so necessary if we want to grow in the Lord. It just isnt in our nature to be still and know, is it? Being still before the Lord is a daily struggle for me, but one I desperately need.
I love the new pictures! You have such a beautiful family and I can tell that you are just as pretty on the outside as you are on the inside!

I'm Tara. said...

So true. I blogged about something similar today. You're right -- He does desire for us to be quiet and still and let him in.

I love your new pictures!!! They are fantastic. :)

Janelle said...

Came by from Dawn and Alana's blogs. Your boys are so handsome. What a beautiful family!

Love this post. I know that God needs me to be still and drink Him in without distraction.