Thursday, November 29, 2007

Joining in!

So all my blogging friends have somewhat unofficially invited me to join in on the fun of these 8 fun facts about myself, so I'm going to succumb to the pressure & join in. Plus, I think it's fun!!

1. I'm ashamed to say...I bite my nails. Always have & still do as a 32 year old woman!

2. Like Alana, I too really worry about how people view things I might have expressed or something I've done. I hate hurting people and offending & my mind can go overboard in making sure I clear the air!

3. I hate the seeds inside red, yellow, & orange peppers. They give me what I call the "heebie jeebies"....the creeps...I know, weird. I have to look away while I'm cutting them.

4. I'm almost over-obsessed with purses & makeup. If I made alot of money I think I'd spend almost every bit on that kind of stuff. I think it's why the Lord hasn't given me alot of money!

5. I LOVE getting my hair done & love doing different things with it. Just 2 years ago I had my hair cut in such a way that the back stuck straight out kind of funky & it was very short. The front laid flat. Needless to say, it was the hairstyle I've gotten the most compliments on ever. Now it's long & I'm loving it. Plus, my husband loves that I do all sorts of different things.

6. I used to work at Promise Keepers & loved it!

7. I won a Oratory debate competition in highschool and received a scholarship to college for it. Never went to college, but I still have that certificate! It was a speech I wrote about Prayer in Public Schools....I was pretty passionate about that..just in case you haven't noticed that about me. HA!

8. I was a PK (Principal's Kid) my whole life. Other than kindergarten, my dad was my principal. Funny how I then married a teacher...anyway.. I didn't much like it when I was younger, not due to my dad but because I was told I got special privileges all the time & was made fun of. But, in middle school & highschool I suddenly became more popular (humbleness Earen...) and actually stood up for myself and told people to cut it out...especially when a teacher pulled that "you get special treatment" line on me. I set him straight...of course in a respectful way, but he never said anything again!! I loved middle/highschool!!

There you have it friends! 8 more fun facts about me!!

9 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

Wow...principle's kid. I couldn't imagine. Really. I thought I had it bad! =)

Sarah Markley said...

I just realized I spelled Principal wrong. Sorry. English degree. Yeah.

Short Stop said...

Loved reading all of these. You have such a tender heart...which is why you are sensitive. I LOVE that about you! :)

Alana said...

I'm glad you joined in on the fun. It is always fun to read and learn more about everyone.

The pepper seeds made me laugh. I can just picture you looking away while you're slicing them. Funny!

Kristen said...

I am glad you joined in on the fun! I enjoyed reading your 8 things and learning more about you. I also worry about what people will think of me - it is a tough one. Thanks for sharing.

Denise said...

this is fun to read everyones randomnesses!

i bit my nails for years! it's a hard habit to break!

i also had a do that was short,i had (as i referred to it) chicken feathers in the back.

the Lord hasn't given me a lot of money either.

and last, barely went to college long enough to be able to say i went to college. i'm planning on going when the kids go :-)

BethAnne said...

I am also obsessed with make-up (purses are okay). If someone advertises that a makeup product will make me look younger or make my skin glow - I will buy it - always! I am such a sucker!

I always love reading these random facts about people. And I always love reading your posts!

Short Stop said...

Hey, I tagged you for something on my blog. I thought you might enjoy it!! I'd love to see your answers! :)

Renee said...

When can we get together and get coffee? I miss seeing you. I miss getting to talk to you at MOPS, and share stories in person. Wah!!

Loved this post. It's always fun to get to know more about you!!

The pepper seed thing is funny. I too can picture it. You must have to be extra careful when you slice them, since you're not looking. :)

You do have such a tender, sweet, sensitive spirit and heart. I am always blessed by you, and touched by you. Thank you for letting Jesus shine through you like you do!