Thursday, August 30, 2007

Brothers....


Joshua & Abram...... 2 of the most amazing brothers any person could have & I yet again find myself thankful for them in my life! They bring me laughter, love, and sweet joy! I would not be who I am without them and my life is much fuller because of their love. They have loved me for as long as I can remember, they love my husband and took him in as another brother, and love my children as if they were their own. They are a true blessing.

I remember when my brother Joshua went off to college and I never knew how much your heart could hurt at missing some one so dearly. You see, Joshua is only 2 years younger than me and he was my best friend and buddy growing up. We did everything together & where you found Earen...you found Joshua and vice versa. He's now a grown man and making a wonderful life for his own and I'm so glad he's back home with us and apart of so much that we do.

Last week we all sent my younger brother Abram off to college. Even not being around for Abram as much, the heart still aches and hurts at missing him. You see, I'm 13 years older than Abram and he has just been a delight to have! My parents long ago felt like someone was missing from our lives and I'm so thankful they decided to try one more time. It was a step of faith and trust in the Lord as I have a handicapped sister who was born years before Abram, so going forward to "try again" was a moment of complete trust in the Lord and has become a lifetime of total dependence on Him.

I watched as Abram crossed that stage to graduate from highschool this last May and I can't express my feelings of complete pride in him. To watch the man he's grown up to be and the man of integrity & passion for the Lord at that. I watched his first steps, his first words, his first school days, his first baseball games, his first sledding moment in the snow, his first basketball game, his first girlfriend...I was there for so much of it. It's almost as if he's my own. I guess in a way, he is my own...he's my own & dear brother.

My brothers...what would I do without them....they are a huge piece of who I am and my heart is filled with complete joy.

2 comments:

Renee said...

Earen,
Have I mentioned that I love your heart? You have such a loving, grateful, and beautiful heart. It's refreshing to hear how you view life, and recognize the blessings in your life.

It sounds like you were blessed with a wonderful, loving family. How fabulous!

Sarah Markley said...

I never had brothers, so I think you are blessed. I like the picture! I agree with Renee, you have a grateful and beautiful heart. Keep writing - thank you for letting us all know what is inside!