Thursday, August 23, 2007

Friendship

You know how you sometimes just have things in your life that are like a breathe of fresh air? Breathing in & as you breathe out you feel this burden or heaviness just lift away? Truly a feeling of being "home"? That is what friendship is to me....

I'm so very thankful to the Lord for the friendships I have in my life! For several years now I've been involved in a girl's accountability group. We meet usually weekly over a cup of coffee and share our deep thoughts, desires, and prayer requests. Sometimes I can make it & there are some weeks I can't & I find that even in the busyness of our lives we still all find the time to realize the importance of women in our lives. I'll be honest with you, after having a third child things change and I can honestly express that I've had an odd sense ofloneliness amidst an amazing group of friends...nothing done wrong on their end, but just the busyness of myself and all my friends having several children or just life being busy and I find myself missing themdesperately . And God completely brings me back to Himself. Stripping me of all that I thought I needed and reminding me that all I need is Him.

The girl's group that I meet with is a breathe of fresh air for me. It's a spiritual breathe of fresh air. One in which I can share my true thoughts & know I won't be judged...one in which I can lay my heart on the line for prayer needs I might have and know I'll be prayed for....one in which at times they gather around me tointercede on my behalf right then & there not caring what a single person in that coffee shop might think...one in which I'm encouraged in the Lord & even challenged....one in which I know I have their friendships for life.

Friendships I believe are a vital role in who we are - at least I can say they have been for me. After years of having just "surface" friends (except for my one friend Anna), the Lord finally answered years of prayer & brought my dear & best friend into my life - Sharalee. I am constantly amazed at how perfect God knew she'd be for me & she was definitely worth the wait! We are so much alike & she's the sister I never had. Then I met my dear friend Keek who has been a source of constant support, encouragement, & love to me. Then there's my mama - who at one time was my "mom" figure and now has become such a lovely and sweet friendship. And the Lord has just continued to bless me amazingly with the incredible friends that I have who show me love & that unconditionally. You all know who you are & I'm very, very thankful for you! I've even met some new friends blogging and some friendships have even grown deeper through this blog and I'm very grateful.

So, I dedicate this blog to my friends. To my sisters in Christ. I want you all to know the deep depth of love I have for each of you & I wouldn't be who I am today without you. Thank you for investing in my life and allowing me to know how important I am to you. I hope you know that the feelings are mutual. I cherish you....

To my Lord, who's my dearest & best friend. Please forgive me for the times I don't communicate with you. If I ignored my friends the way I sometimes forget or don't take the time in spending with you, I'd have no friends. Forgive me for not seeing that you are the most amazing friend I've ever been given & you desire the communication & even more time than I give anyone in my life. I give you all my joys, hurts, thoughts, feelings, desires. I give you all I am & ever hope to be.

2 comments:

I'm Tara. said...

*sniff*
Goodness, Earen - what a touching sentiment. You are such a wonderful friend and the day I met you I was indeed blessed. I'm so thankful for our friendship and am glad that you are being comforted by your friendship and companionship with the Lord. You are more than a friend - you're an inspiration and a true light for Christ. *hugs and love*

Sarah Markley said...

Beautifully written. You have really hit it, our Friend who is closer than a brother. But, women friends are so important too. I thank God for my friends!