Sunday, August 19, 2007

Small Talk

How often do I take a moment to listen to the small talk of my children?

All is quiet in my house this morning, except for the sweet cooing of my youngest son, Levi. He decided after eating that he just wanted to coo & talk with me. As I look at him, trying to figure out what he's trying to tell me I'm amazed at the closeness I feel with him and realize truly what a miracle he is. Every little detail of his body is perfectly created and when I look at him and all that went into creating him inside of me, how could one not believe there is a God.

As the Lord's children, I know that He longs for us to gaze upon Him with that look in our eyes - just like the look you see a newborn give their mama. It's a look of sweet adoration, amazing love, and a feeling knowing that all we need is Him. Even when I talk, Levi's head turns immediately to find me & he recognizes my voice instantly. Do I immediately turn to the Father when I hear His voice? Do I recognize His voice and long to be in His arms? Do I have that adoration & deep love for Him and not only that, but is it a everyday longing?

I find so many parallels to my own children and our Heavenly Father. He wants to listen to "my cooing" and wants me to rest in His arms, but do I take the simple time to talk with Him and just rest. A time that is resting amidst the busyness of the day....a sweet time of intimacy with the Lord.

So now the morning begins and what started as sweet quietness, has moved to all 3 boys talking and ready to start the day. There is a love that I feel when I hear their voices - their simple small talk - and I realize truly, what a gift I've been given. Their sweet laugh, their yelling for Dad, their sweet cooing...it's all a gift.

No comments: