Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Little hands...

A moment passes and I sweetly see the smile of my Levi. His tiny hands..his tiny feet. The way his tummy moves up & down as is the breathe of life in him. The way he tries to fit those fingers in his mouth & can't figure out how to open his fist. The way in which he simply realizes he has hands and admires them so. The joy is his face as he smiles to light up a distant room. The tiny body that lies against my chest and our hearts rest close to each other. The coos and laugh that are beginning to mutter so few, but there. The love I glance at in his eyes as he takes a moment from nursing to fit in a smile. The little hand that lays on my chest in complete comfort - grabbing on to me as if to say "you're my everything."

I wonder what Mary thought knowing she bore the Son of God. I wonder what she thought as she gazed at her son lying fast asleep, not knowing the road ahead for her precious son. I wonder how her heart felt as she gazed upon her Son's tiny hands only to one day know the piercing that would cause him to give his life for us. Can you imagine her love...not only for her Son, but for us. Not realizing that some day, those tiny hands would never be the same again.....

2 comments:

I'm Tara. said...

I'm in tears. What a beautiful, beautiful thought, Earen.

Sarah Markley said...

i often pray for their hands,specifically, that they would do good and righteous things in their lives.