Monday, August 27, 2007

Refrigerator pictures...

How do my children just get so much cuter every day!

Every Sunday my husband takes our older two boys, Caleb & Benjamin to Sunday School while I head into the nursing mother's room. Then usually after the service, I'm wrapping things up with Levi and my husband picks them back up. There's nothing sweeter than when I walk down the stairs & see my children's face light up as they see me & run to hug my leg. Oh, it melts my heart. My second son Benjamin has this curly hair & cute cheeks and how can I resist! Caleb's smile and laugh capture my heart!

They immediately show me their very creative crafts they accomplished. Benjamin has just recently started to be very proud of his work & wants me to hang it up on the refrigerator every week. At this point in his life, he makes a few scribbles and puts a couple stickers on it and thinks it's the best thing since slice bread! He holds the picture with both hands and extends his arms up my way and says, "Look mama!"

Seeing the same relationship the Father desires to have with us, I find myself in thought again. Does the Father feel from me the way I feel when my children run up to me? Do I melt the Lord's heart as I run His way? My life is his creation. Do I run up to him with undying passion in showing Him my masterpiece - my life?

I think of the masterpiece He showed me so many, many years ago....He stretched out his arms in complete sacrifice in a way that only death & resurrection can accomplish. I hope I always run up with my face lit up & hug my Father's leg & then show Him my life as His masterpiece, extending my arms and saying, "Look daddy", only to capture His heart.

2 comments:

I'm Tara. said...

What a special way to think of your relationship with God. I love it!!

Sarah Markley said...

I love reading your introspection! Your words are true. Thank you so much for continuing to share.