Friday, August 17, 2007

Something New!

So, I'm taking the plunge. Not sure how all this works but excited for the new journey that I'll be on with doing an on-line journal.

So, we just got back from Grand Lake, Co. for our yearly family trip yesterday. God's creation is just beautiful as I gaze upon the mountains & view all His glory. I have to admit though, I am kind of a scaredy (is that how it's spelled?) cat when it comes to being up high. We drove over Trail Ridge & OH MY GOODNESS!...talk about high up. Over 11,000ft. high! I could hardly even look over the edge without having some serious fear. Sometimes though I find that with the Lord He desires us to go up high with Him & take some risks and wow, the beauty that we see once we're up there is unimaginable.

I find the Lord is constantly teaching me new things & it's usually through my children. We wake up Tuesday morning to leave and my son Caleb walks up the stairs with 7 red dots on his forehead. Now at first glance my heart sank as I thought, "Please don't be chicken-pox!" Thankfully, we think he just got bit by mosquitoes while watching the shooting stars at 2am the night before with his Dad. Poor guy...will look back at pictures of this trip with 7 red dots on his head. Then we get home & my 2nd son, Benjamin is running a fever & seems pretty out of it. No other symptoms though. Ok, so my children being sick is something I really worry about...I know, the Lord doesn't call us to worry! Let me back up a bit.....

I've really been praying with my 3rd son, Levi that my milk supply nursing him would stay up & I have really been seeking the Lord on not worrying about it at all & giving it over to the Lord. Seriously, I have plenty of milk, I just worry. My husband does a great job of encouraging me in this area of not worrying. Anyway, I felt like the Lord so sweetly reminded me today that with that same mentality, I should be giving my children's health & lives completely over to Him. I'm not in control - He is! Ashamedly, I also admit that sometimes them getting sick causes a break up in what "I" had planned for the day. Isn't that terrible! Getting rid of self is a daily cross to lay down.

Giving our burdens, desires, frustrations, selfishness - over to Him. This is what the Lord desires for us. How else would we grow?! He loves us and our children so much more than we could ever imagine and why would I not think that a God that made such an amazing creation would care for my children 100 times more!

The red dots that Caleb has are going away but still there - Benjamin is still sleeping at 10am & seems a bit out of it - but you know what, my heart is sweetly content in knowing that He is watching over them and in that there's true faith.

3 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

Very cool, Earen! So glad you are blogging - it is surely a fun journey to take!

Unknown said...

Looks Great Earen!

Angie said...

Wow! You are very eloquent with your words, and your love for the Lords shines ever so brightly! You go girl!