Saturday, August 18, 2007

Power of the Cross

"And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus. This is the new, life giving way that Christ has opened up for us through the sacred curtain, by means of his death for us. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God's people, let us go right into the presence of God, with true hearts fully trusting him." Hebrews 10:19-21

After a long search, the Lord led us to a new church that we are just loving. It's such a peaceful feeling when you know you're where God wants you to be! Last week we took communion as they do once a month. Every time I'm given that little cup of grape juice and the broken bread it feels my heart with such humbling gratefulness in what the Lord did for us on the cross so many years ago. Where would I be without Christ in my life?!

As I teach my children how to love the Lord, I pray that they come to know Him as personal Savior at a young age & at times find such overwhelming responsibility in knowing that it's my & my husband's role to encourage them towards the Lord in everything they do. I think back so many, many years ago to the day in which I knelt down in the kitchen with my mama and asked Jesus to come into my heart as my personal Savior. There's nothing sweeter.....

May my every word point my children back to the Cross. May my daily actions be filled with the loving grace of the Lord. And more importantly, may I alway show my children the deep, love relationship that I long to pursue every day with my God and how that's all that truly matters in life.

The Power of the Cross....it can truly change one's life forever.

No comments: