Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The little things.....

It's the little things that capture my heart day in and day out. It's the little things that sometimes get me through the day. It's the little things that sometimes change my mood for the day & make me think, "how could I ever be frustrated with you!"

Our Benjamin...he's always been much smaller than his older brother Caleb. And I'm sure that his younger brother Levi will out grow him as he's on track with his older brother! But, Benjamin is our athlete! He loves throwing balls, kicking balls, hitting balls...anything that has "ball" in it! He also enjoys his brother Caleb so. His favorite verbal method of choice with him is screaming at the top of his lungs, then causing Caleb to cry because it hurts his ears. Oh yes, it's so fun! Benjamin is definitely his own & he doesn't like being told what to do by his older brother! I am convinced that the Lord gave me two 1st born children & I'm thankful....

Ok, so I had a break in this blogging because yet again my boys are fighting & hitting each other. ARGG! I know they are boys & siblings at that, but I refuse to have fighting in our home...I pray the peace of the Lord be over my home & between my boys...but, this is a whole other blog day!

Anyway, as I was saying.....Benjamin. He truly is a sweet heart. With his curly hair & chubby cheeks and what melts my heart most is the way 2 year olds talk. Sentences don't quite yet flow & words aren't 100% accurate, but there's just this sweetness in the way he talks. I just love it!

Right now with Benjamin though, here's what touches me most....He comes up to me and says, "Hold you?"...which translates into "hold me?". Then upon my lifting him up into my arms, he wraps his arms around me & says, "My mama." Sigh...talk about melting a mama's heart. It's nice to be needed & loved by a 2 year old.

My Benjamin...

3 comments:

Sarah Markley said...

I love it when they say "mama", different than mom or mommy. To me, its the most "familliar" form of the word.

I'm Tara. said...

Ohhhh, the "hold you". I love the "hold you". It's like a hug for your heart, isn't it?

Renee said...

Becca says 'Mama do Becca' when she wants me to hold her. I never got the 'hold you'. It sounds precious, though!

I love the heart that you have for your boys. They are blessed beyond measure to have you for a mother, Earen!