Friday, February 29, 2008

9 months already??

My youngest little one is 9 months old today. For some reason I find this to be a significant day because he's now been out of me as long as he was in my belly. It's weird how I felt like my pregnancy was much longer with him than these past 9 months have been, for they have flown by.
As you have more children, you notice life going faster. Funny how that works. It's not like there is actually less time in the day...we are just busier...at least I am much busier.

Here's what I've noticed with this precious 3rd son...

1. Time definitely is going faster.

2. All the sudden he's doing milestones vs. my first one I waited hand & foot for that first movement.

3. When did he get 7 teeth?

4. He'll be a year in a couple months??...When did that happen?

5. He's still bald.

6. He's just as sweet as his brothers that paved the way.

7. I guess he'll crawl when he's ready...not quite my attitude with the first one.

8. I give up with "ma-ma" being my child's first word.

9. I'm much less stressed out about things this time...

10. How did he get so long? That infant car seat is already in storage....

11. Thank you Lord for a good eater...after little Benjamin, I needed that ease.

12. Thank you Lord again for a good sleeper...7pm-7am. I can actually go to bed at 7:15pm if I wanted to!

13. Belly laughing from a 9mo. old because his brothers love to entertain him...

14. He loves bath time & seems to think every time we step into the bathroom that he's getting one. Huge smile on his face!

15. He tries moving his mouth in the same way we do when chewing gum...he's enthralled!

15. He has my heart deeply even after the 3rd time....

16. He's a delight, a joy, a treasure....

17. I'm sure there have been more, but I can't remember them right now. With each child has gone another brain cell....

So, even though these 9 months have flown by I have captured them in my heart. Levi is a gift from the Lord. And I'm honored that the Lord chose me to raise him....

10 comments:

BethAnne said...

I have to say that when I look at the pics of your boys on your sidebar I always smile. They have the sweetest faces (I bet their little voices are so precious too!). I really want to squeeze them all!

Mari said...

I enjoyed this and have to tell you how true it is. My kids are 25,22,19 and time keeps speeding up. I heard a theory on that once that says when you were 10 a year was a 10th of your life but when you are 40 it's a 40th so it seems quicker. That kind of makes sense to me. Enjoy those darling boys - before you know it they'll be as old as mine!

Fran said...

There is something about that 3rd boy that is undescribable!! He is just adorable mom....just adorable and you cherish every single thing with him.

Have a great weekend!

His Girl said...

so so so touching... totally made me all misty! well done!

Shelley said...

What a darling! He is just precious, I love that bald head!

These third babies are so much fun. For me, I knew it was my last, and so I think I cherish every moment, that much more. It has moved faster, but I've enjoyed him so much. Mine has been my first boy, and a whole new world! He's 17 months old now...and I suppose not really a baby anymore. Oh, but he'll ALWAYS be my baby! They all will!

Sittintall said...

Yes, it truly is amazing how quickly time passes after kids join the picture. They say time flies when you are having fun, and that's exactly what those kiddos are...fun.

Janelle said...

Great pictures on your sidebar.

What a neat little guy and your love for him is pure!

ocean mommy said...

Your boys are the sweetest little things. And this made me tear up!

Jenni S. said...

First, love the new header! It's very fitting. :)

Second, I can completely relate. I feel like Lily's first year is speeding by - next week she'll be eight months. When did that happen?

mariel said...

Precious! My boys are 7 and 4...well he will be 5 next week! When did my baby get old enough to have a 5th birthday?! Time crept by with my first, until the second came!! I imagine with the 3rd you have to be careful not to blink!!

thank you for blessing me with your words!