Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A love worth waiting for....

I wasn't the girl that was desired by all the boys. I had many "guy" friends, but was never pursued much further than that. I was 23 when I had my first ever date. It was a blind date and I now refer to that person as stocker-boy. That's a whole other story....

My best friend and I played volleyball with a huge church group every Sunday afternoon, at a local park. It was our way of getting out, getting exercise, and of course getting to know the boys!

One day though, there was a guy who seemed interested in me. This took me by surprise because I wasn't the one really ever pursued. His name was Daniel. We joke now because there was not an immediate attraction, but it quickly came around..believe me! I remember being so touched that Dan was interested in actually knowing about Me...wanted to know My name, what I did, and know more about My life. We started as friends..... that quickly changed.

As Dan and I became closer, we began to email each other almost daily & I mean we emailed books! He had recently come out of a prior relationship, so I wanted to be sensitive to his heart and not be the rebound girl, but my heart was falling for him. It was during this emailing that I not only learned more about him but became amazingly in love with this incredibly kind heart, full of integrity and love for the Lord. I'd never met anyone like him...ever. After only 2 weeks I knew that this was going to be my husband. He took a bit longer due to past hurtful relationships. I told him I loved him first, but he told me that he had told other women he loved them & this go around that when he said "I love you" it would be to his wife. Not long after he took me to the park where we met and told me he loved me....

We dated for 5 months and then on a glorious March 18th, my Daniel surprised me with an elaborate proposal. It began as a scavenger hunt which took me to all the places that had become special to us...each having a clue given to me there. Of course my best friend & parents were in and apart of the whole deal. The final clue led me to the park in which we first met, where he told me he first loved me, and now....where he asked me to be his wife. It was the most romantic and wonderful day. 3 months later, on a glorious day in June I became his wife.

I share our love story in honor of Valentine's Day. I prayed for my husband for 23 years of my life...he was my answer. He is my best friend, my lover, my passion, and my desire. The Lord knew who would be the best for me and He far exceeded what I thought was possible. I can't imagine my life without my sweet love....Daniel, you were a love SO worth waiting for. I'm so honored to have you....I love you.

8 comments:

Jenni S. said...

What a wonderful love story! I'm sure you'll treasure those special memories for the rest of your life!

Fran said...

Well, that was just beautiful Earen! I mean beautiful.

What a sweet man you have. What a wonderful relationship you have. Thank you so much for sharing the love of your life with us. :)

Hugs~
Fran

Alana said...

What a beautiful love story, Earen!

3 months is not a long time to plan a wedding. Impressive!

His Girl said...

that was just lovely! thanks for sharing such a beautiful story!

Unknown said...

we are so thankful to the Lord for Dan!!!! We adore him!! He is the one we prayed for you Earen! We love you Dan! Mama-Deb

BethAnne said...

I thought I planned a wedding quickly (6 months), but wow - 3 months? How did you do it? You guys have a sweet story. I think it is funny you said there was not an immediate attraction, but you knew after 2 weeks you were gonna marry him.....you are too funny!!!

Kristen said...

what a beautiful story Earen. thank you for sharing it with us!

Anonymous said...

How touching and inspiring!

Who says dreams can't come true?