Saturday, February 23, 2008

A little Prince....

Three little boys brought into the world by the life giving breathe of The King.....

For Mama thought, "Surely this one might be a girl" but was so joyful instead that she would have the honor to raise 3 little kings.

For her time was spent helping her sons defend the castle while playing swords until all ends. Fighting and spearing and watching over the land...those were the moments that were engraved in this Mama's treasure bin.

Each little prince touched Mama's heart with a love that was never ending - for they had her heart from the first moment of conception.

The 3 prince grew strong and powerful and watched as they modeled their own Daddy, who was the king of their castle.

As the years passed, Mama's heart grew fonder as she realized that this love for the 3 little prince was a saturating one of great proportions. For they had become the song of her heart....

Then one day, the life they knew changed as a princess stepped into their lives and the Mama they now knew had become number two.

But as this Mama watched these 3 little prince grow into the man of their own home...they now had become a king....And as hard as it was to let go, she was loving them so deeply as she knew they'd always be her heart's little prince....For truly, she realized that she had received the honor of raising 3 men who now had a heart for The King of Kings.

12 comments:

BethAnne said...

I love it!!!

mariel said...

Beautiful, beautiful! It is an absolute privilage from God to raise His boys into men to the glory of the King of Kings! I have 2 sons of my own and am loving every minute of the swords and 'battles' as one day they will fight the good fight of faith to the glory of God!

(though a bit out of context, I love this verse) "...See the smell of my son is like the smell of the field which the Lord has blessed." Genesis 27:27

blessings, mariel

Janelle said...

Tears. You have a gift for words, my friend. I think raising boys is one of life's joys. There is nothing like a little boy and his mama.

Just think, you can be praying for beautiful, pure, Godly women for your sons.

Fran said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Just beautiful!! That is exactly what we are doing.....

Bless you and your beautiful boy family!!

His Girl said...

how awesome is it to know and love a God who does consistently more than we could ever ask or think?

Short Stop said...

I love this. Of course, I can relate to every single word! :)

I love how your wrote this...I hung on every word!

BTW, I am reading your blog...every post. I just don't have much time to comment these days (as I'm sure you can imagine!). BUT, I'm reading and hope to get back to regular commenting soon! :)

Kristen said...

I loved this post Earen - so beautiful! You have a way of painting that picture so beautifully. You are raising your sons to be wonderful, Christian men and husbands - they are blessed to have you as a mommy!

Anonymous said...

Earen,
How beautiful. I have a friend that I plan to share this with. She just had an ultrasound and is sad to discover that she is having another (3rd) boy! She truly was wanting a little girl.

I hope this post can encourage her! Thank you.

Renee said...

Again, Earen, your words ring with beauty and truth. I'm so glad you're blogging!!

I've heard that mothers and sons are very close. That little boys LOVE their mommies. As much as I love having girls, there is a part of me that yearns to know that relationship.

What a beautiful post. I love it!

Jenni S. said...

Love this post!!! I am married to a man who was raised in just this way and this princess is eternally grateful for a mom who knew how to raise a son - just as you are doing for your boys.

What's interesting is that, in raising 3 little girls, I'm learnign that my goal is not necessarily to raise "princesses," but servants. I've been a princess and saw how selfish I was in wanting to be treated as such. God has really changed my heart to be a servant to my husband and it has changed our marriage in the best sense.

So, here's hoping that your princes find princesses with the heart of a servant! :)

Mari said...

Thanks for visiting me. I really enjoyed my stop here too. This is a beautiful post and your sons are adorable!

Alana said...

I love my boys! It is an honor to raise them!