Friday, February 22, 2008

Prayer

This week came the news that you never want to hear among your group of friends. The dread, the fear....sickness. Not only sickness, but something more serious that could affect lives forever.

Some friends of ours found out this week that their son has Lymphoma...cancer of the lympnoids. It's hard enough when it's an adult, but this little boy is just 5 years old....the same age as my very own son. It hits close to home and they are friends. You don't often think something like this might happen to your circle of friends and then it does & it's heartbreaking. They are still finding out more information as time goes on as to what stage it's in and what treatment will be necessary.

But, as my blog world and believers in Christ...we seek your prayers. We serve a God of the impossible and He's the Healer! We are believing for great things. Thank you for your prayers...

Just a little additional note....some of you probably have noticed that I'm just not blogging or commenting as much. I've hit a wall in what to write about & time has become more busier for me with things in my boy's lives changing. I'm still here & reading...just didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you!

12 comments:

Jenni S. said...

Oh, Earen...I will be lifting up that little boy in prayer. Please keep us updated with how to pray in more detail.

Denise said...

i too will be praying for your friends and their son. It is heartbreaking. Our children are our hearts with arms and legs on...may God cover them with His grace upon grace, magnify His mercy on them, give hope, healing, truth, comfort, provision.

Fran said...

I am praying for that sweet boy and his family. I know that you will be a source of strength and comfort for them. I'll keep you in my prayers too.

It was good to hear from you! Enjoy the weekend. Hug those boys extra tight. Life can change in a minute.

Blessings~
Fran

Kristen said...

Breaks my heart - i will be lifting this family and young boy up in prayer.

Sittintall said...

I will certainly pray for your friend's son. I can't imagine hearing news like that. But you are right, we serve an awesome God, that has the ability to do anything in His power.

Alana said...

I will pray for this sweet boy and his family. My heart aches for them. Please keep us posted on his progress.

dawn said...

Wow, Earen. Praying right now. A couple in our Sunday School class is going through this with their 2 year old son. It has been a long, tough road. I have watched his mother in amazement wondering how she holds it all together. It is so amazing that God gives us grace to endure each moment.

BethAnne said...

I am praying. As a mom, news like that makes my heart very tender and heavy. Before I had kids, that kind of thing didnt make such an impact on me. Thankfully, God loves that little one more than even His parents.
There is an 11 year old girl who goes to my sisters church and she came down with Strep throat last week, they put her in the hospital and all her organs have almost shut down. They dont know if she will live through the night. I tell ya, we just dont know what tomorrow will bring......I am glad God does.

Renee said...

As a parent, there is nothing more painful than what your friends are enduring. I will be praying for healing, for comfort, for wisdom, for strength.

Let me know more about how I can pray for them.

Our God is Big!!

Anonymous said...

I certainly understand the time issues... blogging is fun, but there are other things that are more important - like the kids!

I will pray for your friends. Yes, we hold suffering at arm's length most of the time. When it hits closer to home, it shatters all our illusions, doesn't it? It's so good to know The One who holds reality in His hand and is never surprised nor shaken.

There is a universal kinship among mothers, I think - our hearts and imaginations have no trouble identifying with complete strangers when it comes to the children.

Blessings on you and your friends tonight -
Jen

mariel said...

Oh, how tragic! Praise the Lord He is able to heal like no other! I am praying for this sweet little boy and his family. Praise jesus, they have a friend like you to minister to them in their time of need.

blessings, mariel
growingingodliness.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for your friend's and their son. God is sovereign!

Me too, suddenly I seem to be busier---Mason is not nursing as much (when I Blog and read) Thus, the way of life at times.

I miss you but know that you are not really away! :)