Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Noticing...in the everyday...

It's not every day that you notice the shere Breath of Life that spoke and it existed.....

It's not every day you're touched with delight at the sun's rays lying on your face....

It's not every day that you notice a smile as it moves over your life in a way that feels motionless....

It's not every day that you remember the sweet voice of Your Love calling your name....

What have we forgotten in the every day that is desperate to be found?

What have we pushed aside that longs for cherished moments?

Who longs for you when you're no where to be found...and yet....He finds you....in every single day.

Will you notice Him?

13 comments:

Short Stop said...

What great encouragement today, friend.

I will be looking for Him all day today! :)

Denise said...

i'm trying.
this is my struggle- to not be so distracted my the things of this world,passion,heart ache, blah,blah, blah..that i totally miss Him, my Love.

Denise said...

i am seeing that i out "my" instead of by the things.. but funny, they are MY things.

BethAnne said...

That is very convicting. Needed it!

BethAnne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mariel said...

beautiful! taking the time to 'be caught' by my first Love today!!

Thank you, mariel

Jenni S. said...

LOVE THIS!!! Thank you for the wonderful reminder. I was thinking about this a bit this morning, trying to find good in a pretty bad situation and enjoying the literal and metaphorical sun on my face... :)

Thanks for being so willing to share your heart!

Renee said...

Thank you for this great challenge today, Earen. It was beautifully written.

I wanted to tell you...I told Andy what you said about Love & Respect being pretty convicting for the wife. I guess he (Andy) has had a bit of frustration with a lot of the marriage books, because they're mostly just about what HE can do better. When I told him this, he went out and bought the book. :P It'll be fun to see what it says!

Janelle said...

Sounds like you had a meaningful day! Thanks for the reminder to slow down and realize it's all HIM.

Fran said...

That was awesome....my greatest desire is to love Him with all that I have and to see Him every day in everyday life. He's just so wonderful!!

Hugs~

Unknown said...

I love this post! You have such a gift of words and I love reading what is on your mind. I love you!

Van said...

Amazing how so much can be said with a few brief phrases.

Alana said...

It helps if you stop to do so. I did that today, but I don't always do a good job of it.

Great post.