Saturday, February 2, 2008

A little bit of random!

My husband is off on break again....I find that when he's home with us I kind of check out of email and blog world, thus the reason I've been behind on commenting on your blogs. So, I'm going to join in with you all on this just being a random post of just stuff!

9am to 3:30pm...this is how long it took us to clean and re-organized our basement yesterday. I've been dreading it....avoiding it like the plague. My storage/laundry room had become a disaster, which caused our theater room to become disorganized and funny how when my house is unorganized, I feel that way inside. So, we dove in head first & boy does it feel good now that it's done. We moved our older 2 boys together in one room which has allowed me to have an extra room downstairs that is now my craft room and homeschooling room. Yes, I'm a scrapbooker & stamper.

Yes, speaking of homeschooling, I've decided to give it a go next year for my oldest son. I'm not 100% sure yet, but feel the Lord leading us in this direction. Sometimes where the Lord leads isn't the most preferred method nor the easiest, but I desire to be obedient to His call. He knows my son even better than I.

We got a new 42in. plasma, flat screen TV. Don't worry ladies...my husband is a school teacher so it's not like we are loaded. (just in case you were thinking we are extremely wealthy! ha!) But, my husband has been shopping & waiting for this for almost 2 years. He's big into technology and is now enjoying this & secretly I'll admit I'm loving it too!

Dawn from Southern Girly-Girl..this one is for you! I was asked about my opinion about vaccinations & why we have decided to not do one of them. None of my boys have received the Hepititas B shot. Ultimately, I can't give you a complete reason as to why, except to say that we'd heard some unfavorable things about that shot...at least until they get older. I had read & heard some connections of that to autism....of course, you can get pros & cons on any of the vaccinations & ultimately I think it's whatever the Lord lays on your heart to do. He's the wisdom giver.

Speaking of wisdom...I started a Bible Study with my mom & grandma today. We are getting together once a month to study the actual Word together! Something that really stuck out to me as we were studying about wisdom and the fear of the Lord is this...Jesus is wisdom. Have you ever thought about it that way? Thank you Mama & Grandma...you're a tremendous blessing to me.

And last but not least....I bought a pair of jeans this week FIVE....FIVE...YES, FIVE...sizes smaller than I was wearing 3 months ago! Praise the Lord! I'm excited. This program is working & I've now been given the opportunity to teach it to some ladies from my MOPS group.

Thanks for enduring through my random post!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

We pick and choose vaccines too. Did you realize that you do not have to follow the recommended schedule either. That's a lot of shots in 2 years for such little people.Weeding through all the information is the hard part but as you so wisely said---God is the giver of wisdom!

We got a 46 inch flatscreen for Christmas and love ours too! (we didn't go plasma for reasons I forgot)

That is exciting news about the Bible Study! How cool is that? 3 generations studying the Word together!

Earen, I have thoroughly enjoyed homeschooling my children. There are days where it can be challenging but it is usually more of a lesson for me in becoming more into the image of His son. Despite those occasional rough days, there are many more wonderful days. I am confident that He will encourage you as you embark on that fruitful adventure! Have you thought ahead to curriculum yet?

Fran said...

Hey Earen...
I am SO glad that you commented on my blog and that I have a new friend! :)

I love random posts and my 2 favorite things about this one was the Bible study with your mom and grandmother!! AWESOME! And....the jeans that were 5 sizes smaller! YOU GO GIRL!

Have a wonderful Sunday. I'll visit again soon.

Blessings~

Kristen said...

I totally feel disorganized when my house is disorganized. Doesn't it feel great when it is finally done?? Half the battle for me is just getting started. So glad you got that project done!

I like to scrapbook as well. Although Mauryn is 15 months and I have yet to start her book. I just got a desk so that I can scrapbook at home and keep all my things in the house. I am so excited and hoping I get to do it more often.

You will find so many blessings in homeschooling. God had to about hit me over the head to get the message that he wanted me to homeschool. I was afraid, I was unsure - but it has been wonderful. It was definitely not in my plans. We have been blessed. There are tough days but the good days outweigh the bad.

I am so proud of you with your weight loss. Way to go! How fun and exciting to get some new jeans that were 5 sizes smaller - you must have been doing a happy dance. You have worked so hard - you are truly an inspiration.

Kristen said...

PS - like I haven't said enough! If you have questions, concerns, thoughts, etc.. about homeschooling feel free to email. I am still learning myself but I love connecting with other homeschool families and learning from them.

joy said...

that is so great that you ahve lost 5 sizes! that's wonderful. and my husband is a school teacher, too. he teaches 8th grade language arts? what about yours?

Renee said...

This was a fun post!!

A new flat screen TV? How fun!! Now you're all set to watch 'Lost' in style. (Hee hee)

5 sizes??!!! Wow. That's awesome!! You go, Earen!! I'm so proud of you, and happy for you. How freeing that must feel!!

I'm happy that you're first Bible study with your mama and grandma went so well. I hope this time that you have given over to Him is a blessing to all 3 generations.

Love you!

Janelle said...

Five sizes? You rock!!

What an honor to study the Word with your mom and grandma! That sounds like a dream come true.

Denise said...

so since i see you are going to home school, i want to share something i love http://mathusee.com/sequence.html

i wasn't turned onto it till mid way through last year, and it is WONDERFUL! i do not want anyone else to miss out on this mathtastic curriculum.
(and no,i don't work for them, i just really like it).

i wish i could have come and helped with the basement, organizing and spending time together would have been a blast!

BethAnne said...

I was going to comment on some other things in your random post (like the TV or taking all day to clean out your basement), but when I saw that you are wearing jeans 5 sized smaller I let out a big WOOOHOOOO! I am so excited for you !!!! Let's go out and celebrate (as soon as you move east :-)!!!!

Sittintall said...

5 sizes!!! That is awesome. And I'm sure you will enjoy that flat screen TV too. I'd love to have one, but my hubby isn't that into TV and can't justify the cost.

As for the necklace, I got it last weekend (sorry, forgot to comment). It is beautiful!! And I am enjoying it very much. That was such a very nice gift. Have a great day.

Mari said...

CONGRATS on the weight loss...that is exciting. I started homeschooling this year (I ran from it for the first two years) and I have to say the good has outweighed the bad.
mari

dawn said...

Thanks, Earen.

Five sizes! So proud for you!

Renee said...

Hey Earen!

I just read your last comment on my blog, and I have a question for you. You said reading L&R has been good, but that it has 'fired you up a bit'. What do you mean by that? Do you not like it? (I won't be offended at all-I haven't even read the book- we're just going to the conference because we've heard good things about the book, we have never been to a marriage conference, and we know a lot of people who think Emerson is great).

Maybe I totally misread that. If I did...I'm sorry. I'm just curious to know what you think about the book.

And I'll be praying for your thoughts about homeschooling. It really seems to be a blessing to the moms and kids who choose to go that route. :)

Renee said...

Hey Earen!

I just read your last comment on my blog, and I have a question for you. You said reading L&R has been good, but that it has 'fired you up a bit'. What do you mean by that? Do you not like it? (I won't be offended at all-I haven't even read the book- we're just going to the conference because we've heard good things about the book, we have never been to a marriage conference, and we know a lot of people who think Emerson is great).

Maybe I totally misread that. If I did...I'm sorry. I'm just curious to know what you think about the book.

And I'll be praying for your thoughts about homeschooling. It really seems to be a blessing to the moms and kids who choose to go that route. :)

Sarah Markley said...

Crazy awesome about 5 sizes! What an accomplishment! Hooray for you!!!! So happy for you! I agree with the disorganized outside equalling disorganized inside. That's so true! I am working on my office and loft right now - trying to get that under control (we don't have basements here!!!)

Alana said...

Lord have mercy, Earen....5 sizes!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so amazing. I think you need to start a new blog teaching us all how to do this. If I could lose 5 sizes in three months...I might not have to despair over going to the pool with my kiddos this summer...ugh.

And I can't even tell you how cool I think it is that you are doing a Bible study with your mother AND grandmother. Very cool!

Fran said...

Thanks for your comment on the Sara Groves video....is just got straight to my heart....but God has been working on this for quite awhile and then BAM it just became real and "NOW" its time to do something.

And...can I just say I love coming here and seeing your adorable family?? You have the sweetest most happy looking boys! I could just eat them up! (Very southern thing, sorry!)

Hugs~
Fran

Jenni S. said...

Wow - what a gift to be able to do a Bible study with your mom and grandma. My mom is 15 hours away and both of my grandmothers died years ago (although I do have step-grandparents). I bet you that your discussions are just treasures!

And 5 SIZES!!!! Way to go! That's awesome!