Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Balls in the air....

Awe and wonder....this is what I observed in the eyes of my 2 older boys last night. Dad finally had come home and they were playing baseball and just enjoying some time with Dad. They love that. At one point in time my husband started throwing the ball as high as he could into the air. You should have seen the look of delight in the boys eyes and the wonder on their faces! Those looks were telling me how amazing they thought their Dad was...how cool...how could he do that?! They would laugh and then say, "Do it again Dad..do it again!"

Then in one of my epiphany moments I thought, "Do I have that kind of awe for my Heavenly Father?"

I watch in so many areas as the glow in their eyes tells me all I need to know. They adore their dad. "Can I go outside with you dad?...Can I help you mow the grass?....Can I go to the store with you?....Can we play outside with you?....Do you want to play basketball, Dad?"

It brings me great joy - the relationship they have with their Daddy. I want to have that awe and amazement for my Heavenly Father....I continually want to love & adore Him in a way that only comes in the look of His child...me.

6 comments:

Fran said...

I'm in the same place tonight. I want that amazement too. I wrote a little about it as well.

Have a great night and a beautiful week with your amazing heavenly Father!!!
Love,
Fran

Janelle said...

Daddy's are so special! Thank God for faithful and dedicated men that love their families!

Lynn said...

I finished a Beth Moore study on the Psalms recently, and your post reminds me of Psalm 126...

"It seemed like a dream, too good to be true, when God returned Zion's exiles. We laughed, we sang, we couldn't believe our good fortune. We were the talk of the nations---"God was wonderful to them!" God WAS wonderful to us; we are one happy people. AND NOW GOD, DO IT AGAIN!".....

Jenni S. said...

I love how often you link the smallest of life events back to a deep relationship with the Lord. It truly is a reminder to me to look for Him in EVERYTHING. Thank you for sharing!

His Girl said...

This is so so so special and true. Thanks for the reminder... oh, if I would adore my heavenly Daddy like my kids do their earthly one.

Alana said...

I do want that kind of relationship with my heavenly Daddy. He is amazing and awesome and super cool!