Saturday, May 3, 2008

Words...

I love words…I feel a deep satisfaction internally when I’ve orchestrated words just so perfectly to create that special depth that might even cause one to sit back and drink in a breath of fresh air.

I love reading deeper things of the Lord. I sometimes sit back in amazement myself and think, “how did they come up with those words to express that one, perfect thought?”

It’s a gift to have words roll off your tongue in such eloquence. I find that for some, it’s a true anointing given by the Lord Almighty Himself.

But, the word that melted my heart last week was one, simple word I hear so very often. It’s normally a word followed by actions my children need or requests they might have or simply to catch my attention. It’s a word that in my heart creates a satisfaction of knowing that I am needed…that I am loved…that I am blessed with little hearts in my life.

As I walked up the escalator from getting off the airplane last week I found myself excited to see my boys and husband. Waiting for me there was a whole group of strangers and as I glanced around I didn’t see my family…and then it happened. The word I hear so often…the word I often take for granted…the word that reminds that me that I am so blessed….

Two little boys came running towards me....shouting from the depths of their hearts….melting my own heart…with arms stretched out towards me…with passion unlike any other. And the word that I hear everyday took my breath away as these two little hearts touched me deeply with their spoken word….MAMA….

9 comments:

Mari said...

I love your words! You are right about that word - it can hold so many different meanings and we sure miss it when we don't hear it!

His Girl said...

mmmmmmmmmmm. mama. so so so sweet a word. means so much and just stirs my heart.

sweet post... you do have a talent for 'painting' with words!

Kristen said...

This was just lovely Earen!

Alana said...

Mama is a beautiful word!

Janelle said...

One of my favorite. It evokes so many emotions!

Jenni S. said...

I love coming home from anytime I've been away from the girls and hearing that very thing. It makes you so glad to be home again!

I'm Tara. said...

I bet that was just music to your ears! And you're right - words are so very powerful.

I miss you!! I'll email soon, I promise. :)

Love you, friend.

Short Stop said...

Just nothing like it!

dawn said...

Very sweet. SO glad you had a great time with your girlfriend. WIsh we could do a bloggers getaway so we could all meet face to face. It's a funny thing...this cyber friendship.