Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Changing things up??

About a month ago, we felt the prompting of the Lord that it was a time for a change in our family. It's a big change for us and we are really having to trust the Lord for His timing & trusting that "my" plan might not be His plan.

We have decided to sell our home and move about 30minutes further north in our city. The biggest reason for this new adventure is to be closer to our families. What a blessing that will be! Other than the Lord and each other, our families mean everything to us. I've wanted to live closer to family for awhile now, but my husband works 3 minutes from our current home at a local elementary school - one in which he's not leaving & will now have a long commute. Yes, he's awesome! The other big reason is that God has put a desire in my husband and my heart for our children to attend Christian school. Yes, it's expensive and we really will be trusting the Lord to provide the finances. The Christian school by my family is fabulous and the one in which I graduated from and where my dad is currently one of the principals. My boys will have many amazing opportunities there, not to mention a Godly education. Of course the passion for this runs deep in me as I come from a family of passionate Christian educators.

So, this is a big move for us and one in which we are trusting the Lord. We know that it will be God if our home sells, but we completely trust Him to care for us & we know He can do it without any problems. I have my own little plan in my mind, but I need to completely rest in His plan.

I'm excited to move...excited to live closer to my family. But at the same time I desire to be excited for God's plan for us. For God's guidance & direction for us....I just hope it's moving! :-)

15 comments:

dawn said...

That is great, Earen. So happy for you.

Also, praying for you. This is a huge leap of faith, but will all pay off in the end.

Here's to going out on a limb...

Mari said...

Very exciting news. I come from a close family and we still live withing 20 minutes of each family member. It's a blessing. I graduated from christian school also and if you are able to do it, I think it's great!

Jenni S. said...

Wow, that *is* a lot of change in one time period. I hope all goes well for you and I will be praying that His will for your family is evident.

Kristen said...

WOW Earen! How exciting to live closer to your families - what a blessing!

I will be praying for you but so proud of you for following God's leading and putting your trust in his provisions for your family.

Shelley said...

How incredibly exciting! I pray for peace and wisdom for you and your family during this time. I love your trust in the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Those are some big changes! Family is so important. We had my family, all of them, in town with us until my oldest was in first grade. Those days are invaluable! When I look back over my family journal and scrapbooks I am amazed at how much time we were all together. It provides a great foundation.

We are now 2 hours from everyone, and while it takes more doing, we're still just as close or closer. But even if you live in the same town, you still have to make things happen sometimes - which I'm sure you will. I love it when others share my passion for family! In today's mobile society, we need more ROOTS.

Tell your hubby to find some good mp3 downloads online and get an iPod if he hasn't got one! My husband commutes 30-45 minutes to work and he really enjoys listening to some of the great Christian teaching that is out there for the taking on the internet. Love that internet! :)

Short Stop said...

How wonderful! It sounds like a marvelous plan!

And, it is so neat that your boys, Lord willing, will attend the same school that you did. And, that their Grandpa will be there! I think that's just awesome!

Janelle said...

Other than the commute, it sounds like a wonderful thing. The honor of your boys going to the same school that your dad works in must be thrilling.

I wish we had a quality Christian school here. Maybe someday...

I am excited for you!

Fran said...

That is AWESOME!! We have our kids in Christian schools and it has been such a blessing. God will take care of it if He has called you there. One step at a time. :)

Hugs and blessings~
Fran

Mommyluann said...

Hey...I came to your blog from Bethanne's blog. How exciting. I live 2 hours and 40 minutes from my family and an hour from my husband. When we did live near my husbands family I taught in a christian school. I prayed the Lord would move us to a better quality school before we had kids...and you know he did about a year and a 1/2 before my first son started K-5. We are not near family, but I am grateful for the school . God bless! Keep us posted. I've attended Christian school since k-5 myself and taught for about 15 years or so in about 4 different ones. I love it when it's done right. Blessings!

Lynn said...

I shared a post recently sharing our future plans, but I know God can change them. My desire is to be close to my family. It will just take a few more years...

Can't wait to hear more about all the ways God provides.

Truth said...

What an exciting time for you. We moved my inlaws, who are 80 & 84, here last year and it has been such a blessing to have them close and be there for them. (And vice versa.) We also had the privilege of having our kids in a Christian School. Well, 2 of our kids went all the way through public, 2 were in the private school for K-6th, one other 3rd-12th. The private school was very expensive, but we were very blessed. When my husband lost his job, we had to switch the 2 youngest to public. Thankfully, that has been a great fit.

Alana said...

What a gift to be able to live close to family. Exciting times ahead for you!

His Girl said...

wow. i can't wait to hear how it goes. this is something i especially am thinking about these days...

Sarah Markley said...

Best of luck, Earen! I hope everything works out for your family. Being close to family is great.