Friday, May 9, 2008

Being a mama....

I've been one for 5 years now...a mama, that is. Just seems like yesterday that I began this journey in which my life would forever be changed.

The tiny life that formed in my womb...the breath of lungs that was evident as a foot kicked my rib.

The life I held in my arms for the first time and gave nourishment from my very being.

The first walk...first crawl...first word...first tooth...first smile.

The maturing that happened when I looked away for just a little while.

The privilege of leading these little hearts to love the Lord & give their hearts to Him.

The poopy diapers, the sleepless nights of worry, the discipline that you hate but shows truly how much you love them, the sweat, the tears, the happy, the proud, the love....

And as the time passes you realize it's true that every day is worth it. Every sacrifice would be given again. Every hug given millions more. Every spoken word of Truth never in vain. And you understand that these little lives are a gift. A breath taking picture of a little soul in the very image of their Creator.

For I know that one day I will look back and wish for these times again, for life passes by so quickly. But, I'm thankful for the moment because I'm a Mama. And for the joy of these three little men in my life, I'd do every, single moment...all over again.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

9 comments:

Kristen said...

tears rolling down my cheeks as i read those beautiful words!

you are a dedicated, loving, nurturing mama- those three young boys are blessed to have you.

happy mother's day.

loved this post!

Shelley said...

"Every sacrifice would be given again."

So, so true! It's wonderful and hard all at the same time. The trials that I've had as a mama, especially with my oldest, are what has shaped me into the person I am today. It certainly hasn't been easy, but it has definitely been worth it. Two years ago I don't think I could've said that. Now I can see how God has used these beautiful children to mold me and shape me, and to bring me closer to Him.

Amazing!

Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Janelle said...

That was beautiful, Earen. It is a priviledge indeed.

Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Mari said...

This is just beautiful Earen, and so true. Happy Mothers Day!

Fran said...

Happy mothers Day to you too!!

What beautiful words you wrote!
Amen and amen!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings~
Fran

dawn said...

Thanks for the happy tears. Loved what you wrote. It is a good reminder that even though discipline is difficult, it is necessary for training up a child in the way he should go.

Happy Moms day, sweet friend!

Denise said...

me too, i'd do every moment again (did i really just agree to every moment?)

you ARE a sweet mama! your boys are sooo handsome.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Earen!

Jenni S. said...

What a beautiful way to describe motherhood. Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you too!

Alana said...

Amen, sister. So true. It is a privilege like no other.