Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Fun and a new discovery....

My blog friend Kristen tagged me for this fun "3 things" about me, so I thought it's Friday and I'd write something a little more on the fun & light side!! So, here goes!!

3 places I go all the time: Target, Walmart,....hmmm, honestly, we stay home most all the time!
3 people who email me: Sharalee, Katherine, and Angie..among many others..I'm pretty popular! HA! Just kidding...ok, so you just got a glimpse into my personality.
3 favorite places to eat: Cheesecake Factory, Red Robin, & Chilis.
3 places I would rather be right now: Ocean, having fun with my husband, anywhere with my boys and husband..and family.
3 people who will do this: Hmmm...let's see...if you haven't been tagged for this, do it! It's fun!
3 TV shows I could watch over and over: Survivor, Lost & Hmmm....


Ok, so now to my side note discovery. I've realized that us bloggers are kind of our own little world. Am I just slow in discovering this? I love all my friends and family dearly, but unless they read and don't comment, I've discovered that not very many of my friends read my blog...what, you say?! What's up with that?! Of course what I've realized it that only bloggers for the most part read other blogs. I joke around with my friends that sometimes they would see even deeper into my heart if they read my blog...BUT, sometimes I have a hard time keeping up and I know they have alot going on. Friends and family...no hard feelings here and know I'm not bashing you...just writing my observation for the day. I love you all no matter what. If you do read this, we bloggers LOVE our comments! If you don't then I love you all the same....For my loyal readers, know I appreciate it & love reading yours too...sorry I'm a little behind!!

Have a great weekend!!

12 comments:

Alana said...

I've never been to Red Robin's, we have one about 40 miles away...I'll have to try it! Love Cheesecake Factory and Chili's...can't beat Chili's chips and salsa!

Happy Friday!

BethAnne said...

We bloggers ARE a different breed, huh? My family didnt even know I had a blog until about a month ago....I didnt think they would want to read it! hahahahah sad but true

Kristen said...

I love Red Robin too - their chicken teriyaki burger - YUM!!

I agree about friends and family reading the blog - I am not sure if some of mine do or not unless they make a comment in passing.

I love reading your blog and look forward to your words of wisdom.

His Girl said...

Only one of my non-blogger friends or family members IRL comments. I never even know if they read unless they make some sort of out of the blue comment. it so strange to me!

Sarah Markley said...

so interesting. my belief is that only bloggers really read blogs. other people might stop in once a month, week, etc if they actually know you have a blog. you have no idea how many friends i have who when I mention I have a blog, they say something like, "oh that's nice" and move on. a lot of people don't get it. i agree.

and then its the, "oh if you would have read my blog you would have gotten the whole scoop but i'll give you the nusthell version if you want". ahhh, the information age. =)

Janelle said...

I didn't know you were a LOSTie, or a Survivor watcher. Those are 2 of my favorites, too.

Lynn said...

I have a few friends and family that tell me they FAITHFULLY read my log...like they check it at least 1-2 times per day, but they will NEVER understand the sheer joy of comments until they start one themselves.

Fun meme! Kristen tagged me for this one too.

Shelley said...

Almost none of my fam reads my blog, they know about it, but don't read! I am lucky though, that almost all of my friends are bloggers. It's fun, it's like our own little secret society, only we're 29+ instead of 9 :)

Great meme, I think I'll actually do this one!

joy said...

that is so true about the comments! and i love to read comments, so i try and leave them, too. i love cheesecake factory, but we live pretty far from one, so i've only been there once. but it was a great meal. we just got a chili's about a mile from our house, so i can't wait to check it out.

Jenni S. said...

Oh, how I miss The Cheesecake Factory!

I have recently come to the very conclusion you did about blogging. It was one night when I was trying to explain something about blogging to my husband and he was like, "Huh???" It is funny, though, how much I rely on our blog to communicate things and then realize that some of my family just doesn't read it.

Denise said...

i love Cheesecake Factory and Survivor! Who do you think will win? i loved that Amanda stumped them this week. Oh and the gultless chicken platter at Chill's yummmm!(i'm feeling a bit hungry).

i send a special note to family or friends when there is something family worthy for them to read, otherwise your right, we are in our own little blogging world. that's okay, but i confess that sometimes i am thinkng oh if you read this blog or that you would know these beautiful people too (like you).

Anonymous said...

Me too---I'm behind in my reading too!

And yes, only Bloggers read Blogs! :) (I think)

I love that the word Mama----despite it's universal usage there are only 6 kiddos who can call ME that!

I wonder what Christ will look like----it's really unfathomable.