Thursday, May 29, 2008

My little love....


You were a surprise from the moment I found out about you.....I wasn't ready, at least I didn't think I was.  God had different plans and I'm SO GLAD He did.   

For the last year you've been nothing but an absolute delight, my little Levi.   I waited and waited for you and a week after you were suppose to be born you finally decided to grace us with your presence at a whopping 8lbs 9oz....you weren't messing around.   And what I thought to be a big baby turned to be such a blessing...for you ate so well right from the start, slept well immediately and have been such an easy baby.   

I love everything about you little man.  Your little bald head that is now sprouting precious blond curls....Your sweet smile that appeared almost from the moment you came out....your laid back personality and "go with the flow" mentality....Your sweet little lips that call my name and so many other things already....The love you show me when you lay your head on my chest and snuggle....the gift of life you were given, for truly you are a gift to us.   

So, you might have been a surprise to us sweet Levi, but you're one of the best surprises we've ever had and I'd do it all over again.   My heart is so in love with you.   

As you grow up to be an amazing man, may your heart seek the Lord passionately & fervently all the days of your life.  May you have a boldness for Christ unlike any other and may He be all you hope and dream for.   In a world that's full of so many supposed happy things, all that truly matters is Him.   For as much as I love you and am so thankful for the gift of you....He loves you more, for you are His.  

I love you my little love....Happy Birthday!
Your Mama 

17 comments:

Sittintall said...

Happy Birthday Levi!! Your pictures look so sweet. Sounds like you've been good to your mamma too.

dawn said...

Happy Birthday Levi. Maybe one day, you and our Boy3 will get to play together.

You have one sweet mama!

Karen Giron said...

Happy birthday sweet little Levi - has it already been a year?! My how the time flies. He's a sweetie Earen!

Janelle said...

If you all are forming a playgroup, then I want to come!! Seriously, between Levi and Dawn's Boy3 there wouldn't be a better couple of boys.

Happy Birthday! I know you are blessed by this little man. He looks so sweet to me.

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Levi! You are just adorable!
I have one of those surprises too - my youngest, and he has been a blessing from Day one. I can tell Levi has been too.

Denise said...

HApPy BiRThDaY LeVi!!

what a sweet post! How time flies.
(watching him grow here on the blog)He is adorable.

i love my 3rd! she was the best surprise ever!

Lynn said...

Such a sweet letter for your little Levi to cherish. Happy Birthday to your growing boy!

Jenni S. said...

Happy Birthday, Levi! What a wonderful tribute to him on this special day!

Shelley said...

Happy Happy Birthday! What a sweet post to honor your baby. Our baby was a surprise too, and I also didn't think I was ready, but now of course, I wouldn't change a thing!

His Girl said...

oh, happy birthday to you both.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little Levi! What a sweet sweet post about your baby boy. It brought tears to my eyes.

I have enjoyed the insight of your last posts too, Earen!

BethAnne said...

Oh I could squeeze that swwet little boy!!!!

dawn said...

A play date with you and your boys would make my summer!

If we are ever in your neck of the woods, I will let you know. It's my favorite vacation destination, other than the beach!

Alana said...

There is nothing like a really great surprise! Love your heart for Levi. He's a cutie...happy birthday little one!

Fran said...

Oh my goodness He's a doll!! As a fellow momma to all boys, my heart melted a little bit as you wrote about your little guy! They are somethin special Earen!

Happy belated birthday Levi! And, I "Amen" all you said.

Hugs and blessings~
Fran

Short Stop said...

Happy Birthday to your adorable baby Levi. Your love for him just shines through in this post, Earen.

I'm Tara. said...

No WAY!!!! A year???? Oh my goodness. That went so quickly!! Happy birthday to a sweet, sweet boy. You are so lucky to have the momma that you do.