Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Saturation...


It's raining here today....we don't get rain too often. I love the rain....the way is makes me want to cuddle up on my couch and watch a movie with my family. The way it makes everything green. The way it can cool things down on a hot, summer day. The comfort it seems to bring....

Our big tree in the back yard is done blooming with its gorgeous yellow flowers and has now turned to green leaves. Our trees in our front yard are gradually growing all the green leaves that it can hold. It seems as if overnight they all appear. The rain is helping this all grow.

The ground soaks up the rain as if it has been parched for months....well, because usually it has. It is thankful for the drink it's taking in...the life it's being given.

When was the last time I really soaked in Christ....really. I read the Bible and pray, but when is the last time we really allowed it to soak into our parched hearts? It is giving me life, but am I growing or have I fulfilled my "quota" for the day. I do believe that no matter what, reading the Word is going into our hearts and brings life, but I want this "rain" to go deeply. I want to soak the Word in and it saturate every part of my being.

So, I watch the rain outside and know the peace and comfort it gives me....and I desire Him to saturate every part of my being through His life giving Word. There's so much there we haven't even begun to grasp.............

12 comments:

Denise said...

Hmmm, there is intimacy and mystery in Him that i haven't even begun to grasp. That is what my heart longs for.
beautiful words.

Mari said...

It's raining here too. What kind of tree do you have with the flowers? It sounds beautiful.

Unknown said...

Rejoice in the Lord your God; for He has given you the former rain faithfully, and he will cause the rain to come down for you, the former rain and the latter rain. I heard one rain is a drenching rain, and the other is a mist. Word that drenches us and word that continually mists us. The Word is rain from heaven.

THE BAKERS said...

Earen,
I wish I could've met you in person when you were in California. Thankyou for the sweet note and the gift card. I enjoy reading your blog.
-Debbie

Jenni S. said...

Thank you, Earen. I needed this reminder to slow down in my time with Him and really just "be" with Him.

Fran said...

I want to soak Him in too! Thanks for the beautiful visual.

Blessings~
Fran

Anonymous said...

What a great analogy----makes me look at rain differently. (especially since I do not like it and we are entering rainy season here in Japan)

Anonymous said...

What a great analogy----makes me look at rain differently. (especially since I do not like it and we are entering rainy season here in Japan)

BethAnne said...

Raining in TN this evening too.
As far as needing to soak in his words, let me just add : me too, me too!

Alana said...

Oh, I love rain, too. It was one of my favorite things...the smell just makes me happy. Yet it is nothing compared to Him.

I'm Tara. said...

Beautiful! And you're right - we don't soak in Him the way that we should nearly as often as we should.

p.s. - I love the rain, too!! It's been a nice change, huh?

mariel said...

Thank you for the beautiful visual. I will seek extra time to "soak" this weekend, like a well-watered garden!