Monday, January 14, 2008

Caleb....

My mind drifts back to the beginning...the beginning of you, sweet boy. From the moment I saw you, you were my little love. I cradled you in my arms, with tears streaming down my face at the unimaginable bliss of welcoming you into our lives. You see sweet Caleb, you were a gift to your Mama & Daddy...you are a gift from Above.

I've watched as your life has unfolded....from kicks in my belly, to infant snuggled in my arms, to toddler stumbling around the floor, to little boy trying to pronounce your words, to now big boy becoming independent of me more & more.

You strive for knowledge and more of God and in Him I know you find great delight. Your smile lights up a room...your laugh is contagious....your sweet face I admire as I see in you your dad. For from him is where you see the example of a kind heart..full of integrity & I find you have the same.

You're loving and kind, bossy and oldest, sweet and caressing...and you're mine. I'm so proud of you my dear, sweet boy. You bring your mama's heart complete delight and I look forward to watching you grow into the man that God has for you to be.

My prayer for you today as this is your 5th birthday....that your heart may passionately and fervently seek the Lord all the days of your life. That you will melt hearts due to your compassion and that you grow into a man that longs for nothing but His desires. I love you so deeply my little love....Happy Birthday!

***This 100th post is dedicated to my sweet Caleb who turns 5 today. I'm blown away that it has already been 5 years since I started this journey of being a mama. In honor of my 100th blog, in the next couple days I will be having a GIVE AWAY!! I'm working on the final touches & getting a picture to put on as to what you will win! Keep watching!!****

15 comments:

Jenni S. said...

What a wonderful post! And how neat that your 100th post coincides with his birthday. I hope he has a blessed birthday - but based on your post, how could it be anything else! :)

Short Stop said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb!

Earen, he is so blessed to have you as his Mommy. I know his wife will cherish these words one day!

Happy 100th post. I can't wait to read the next 100!! :)

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! What a beautiful post to your beautiful little boy!

Congratulations on your 100th post! I have been blessed by reading your words. Looking forward to many more posts....

Anonymous said...

Happy 5th Birthday Caleb!

It's bittersweet watching our children grow up isn't it?

I hope his day is special-----and looking forward to your giveaway. Congratulations on your 100th post! What a neat way to share the celebration with him.

His Girl said...

congratulations...
and thanks for sharing the beautiful blog :)

BethAnne said...

My boys are six and four (actually, four tomorrow on the 15th). I am with you that it seems impossible for them to be so big already. I had tears in my eyes as I read your thoughts about your sweet boy - I feel the same way about mine. You are an awesome mommy and your boys are so blessed to have you. Happy 100th, friend.

Renee said...

Beautiful, Earen. Very touching. You have a gift with words...your heart just shines through them.

Happy birthday dear Caleb!! What a blessing you are, and what a wonderful mama you have!

Wow, you're at 100 already? What a special day for this 'event' to fall on! Happy 100, my friend. I don't know what I'd do without you in my bloggy world. You're one of the biggest reasons I'm still here. :) Love you!

Janelle said...

This was so touching and tender. I can just see your gentleness with your family shine through in your words.

What a great boy you are raising. He sounds so adorable.

Happy 100th!

Sittintall said...

Happy Birthday big guy! It sure is hard to see that life goes by that quickly, isn't it? It seems like I just had my little one yesterday, and now she is almost 2!

Unknown said...

A comment about Caleb from his Grammie- while kneeling beside the manger scene this Christmas he turns to me and says you know grammie God is Jesus' Father so what was Joseph for? hmm to take care of Him for Father like we are to take care of our children for our Father. Happy Birthday Caleb! You make my heart sing!I love you Grammie

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Caleb!
God's word said that "Caleb followed the Lord whole heartedly," May you follow him whole heartedly all the days of your life.

Looking forward to your give away :-)!

Denise said...

So i had to go see how many posts i am at (knowing i am near 100), and i am right behind you! Yikes i better get with the program.

Alana said...

Happy Birthday, Caleb! How cool that he will have that to read someday! I love that about blogging.

Congrats on your 100th post!

joy said...

happy birthday, big guy! earen, thanks for sharing your birthday wishes with us all.

congrats on your 100th post!

Karen Giron said...

Oh Earen, that is so incredibly sweet. I love that you write your boys letters on their birthdays and I teared up reading it. It does seem like just yesterday that we were all taking parenting classes for our first little newborns, doesn't it? Now we have 3! yikes. Congratulations on 100 posts - you are an amazing writer and friend!